Taking Daughter to Botany Bay

3amigos

Hi Guys,

My first post here, I am taking my 15 year old daughter and her school friend out on Sunday in Botany Bay. I would like to make it comfortable for them and also have them catch some fish. Any suggestions as to where to take them? I have a Quintrex 4.5m with a 50hp Evinrude. Have only been in the bay once before a few years back, and it would be nice for them to at least catch something. Oh, I have only had the boat 2 weeks, but have had a boat before

Any help would be great,

Regards,

Doug

Hi mate i have had alot of luck with bream and flathead around towra point the last few weeks on the run up tide and using fresh hawksbery prawns. definently worth a try.

good luck, Matt

Thanks Matt, would that be anchored up or drifting?

Hi Guys,

My first post here, I am taking my 15 year old daughter and her school friend out on Sunday in Botany Bay. I would like to make it comfortable for them and also have them catch some fish. Any suggestions as to where to take them? I have a Quintrex 4.5m with a 50hp Evinrude. Have only been in the bay once before a few years back, and it would be nice for them to at least catch something. Oh, I have only had the boat 2 weeks, but have had a boat before

Any help would be great,

Regards,

Doug

Just be careful mate dont under estimate the bay. It is very large and can chop up pretty bad very fast. My tip is to head out very early (1st light) and check the conditions beforehand, keep your eye on the weather as it can be a long, wet and bumpy ride if the winds pick up.

In good conditions this time of year there should be bream, whiting and trevally in most areas if you burley up. Sometimes its a matter of picking up a fish or 2 then moving to a new spot and starting over. You can get a decent bag of fish over a 3-4 hour session if the weather behaves its self. At the moment the weathers playing silly buggers so be carefull.

All the best.

Musty

• 5 months later...

Just be careful mate dont under estimate the bay. It is very large and can chop up pretty bad very fast. My tip is to head out very early (1st light) and check the conditions beforehand, keep your eye on the weather as it can be a long, wet and bumpy ride if the winds pick up.

In good conditions this time of year there should be bream, whiting and trevally in most areas if you burley up. Sometimes its a matter of picking up a fish or 2 then moving to a new spot and starting over. You can get a decent bag of fish over a 3-4 hour session if the weather behaves its self. At the moment the weathers playing silly buggers so be carefull.

All the best.

Musty

launch at kyeemagh exit the channel and turn right and head a km up the beach and drift 100m off the beack over the sand for flathead and whiting

drift along the runways for flathead bream tonnes of baby snapper.

id launch at oatley if fishing the other side of the bay, means you dont have to run across it if it cuts up in the wind