mona vale pool

luderick59

met justin[juzza] at 7am to try an entice some drummer armed with banana prawns and plenty of bread berley it wasent long before justin was into a good fish and was very under gunned with his gear but he played it well and landed a good fish around 1.5 kilo and42cms he was a very happy after that he got smashed twice from very large drummer justin ended up with 2 trevally as well

i missed a few and pulled a few hooks on bigger fish but landed one big fat 47 cm about 2.4 kilo which i would like to enter in catch of the month

thanks peter

post-4997-065195900 1310978587_thumb.jpg

Good one peter good session been catching a few up your way but cant seem to find a good school of them fish are only about in small numbers.What tackle did you get your fish on and can you share any tips in locating a hot bite for them in terms of locations and sea conditions.Do you only fish Mona Vale for them?

Cheers Steve

We met up at 7am, i had already arrived at 6:30 to get ready. Armed with my 'Bream' tackle, 4 wrap live fibre and a 5000 sized shimano loaded with 30lb braid already knew i was going to be on the losing end of things. Peter showed me his 8 Wrap with titanium runners armed with an alvey, with Peter armed with a Broomstick i knew who was going to have the upper hand!

It did take a while to get the fish biting with constant burley, Peter got a few pickers..while we were chatting my bait drifted close and BAM my rod just loaded up with a reasonably large angry pig. The sheer power of these fish as they find their rocky home was unimaginable. BUT i won the fight and caught my first legal PIG! :biggrin2: at 42cm and about 1.5kg.

After Peter's nice pig that completely dwarfed mine, i had a few enquires that completely dusted me, it felt like my bream stick was going to break in half. In the space of 5 seconds the pig found its rocky home and busted my leader.

Wow what a day, thanks for teaching me the ropes Peter. Looks like ill need to get my groper gear out :yahoo:

Justin :1fishing1:

Oh and by the way, i ended up going again this afternoon and caught 1 pig and 1 trev

post-6561-058849500 1310987405_thumb.jpg

Edited by Juzza

hi steve

the gear i use for drummer is a7144or8144 rod 6inch alvey 20lb tortue mono 1/0suicide hook sinker size o sometimes bigger depends on how much wash there is

any headland where there is big boulders and reefs and a good lot of whitewater your in with a chance most important is to fish with safety allways keep an eye on the water if unsure dont fish

use 1 loaf of bread as berley and banana prawns as bait [3baits out of 1 prawn]heads and shells go into the berley

good luck hope this helps

peter

Well done, Peter & Justin for a terrific Drummer session! Yum Yum!thumbup.gif

Always fun fishing with Pete at Mona Vale Pool - the big tides just now are perfect! biggrin2.gif

Looking forward to more reports this week!yahoo.gif

cheers

Roberta