PITTWATER Pro Buy out PLEASE HELP

Hey guys i just wanted to repost a topic thats come up on another forum.

Mods if you feel it breaches the rules sory and please remove this but i feel it should be ok and in everyones best interests to read about this.

Cheers

Craig

Hi all

Pittwater needs your help and it needs it now.

Finally we have a chance to get Pittwater as a Recreational Fishing Haven but it is up to you all.

Recently our local member for Pittwater raised in government that Pittwater is in need of help and wants to buy out the commercial operators.

For this to happen you need to go to www.robstokes.com.au and hit the contact button to leave a message of support.

He needs as many people to send off a quick email even if it only states your name and I support the Pittwater Buy Out and Recreational Fishing Haven.

The government have said that if there are enough to support the idea they will pay for the buy out and not us rec anglers fishing fund.

Come on guys I beg you all whether you like me or hate my smelly guts, this is a cause that we all need to be a part of for it to happen.

You all know how well Sydney Harbour now fishes, if this goes through we will have the same scenario five or so years after it goes through.

They want to act fast so please dont delay and email Rob and if you have the time thank him for his efforts with this issue.

Thanks for your time and please spread the word as every email counts with this one.

Best wishes

Peter

Edited by fishlexic

I for one have seen the decline in stocks in Pittwater since the Harbour and Botany Bay licences were bought out. A buy out in Pittwater would be gold for ALL fisherman in the Sydney/Central Coast area.

We should all support any buy out of commercial trap and net/trawl licences in enclosed waters. Imagine if the Hawkesbury/ Cowan systems were included in the buy out.

Paul.

On Strike.

I have put my support in also,

I dont normally fish Pittwater but this will encourage me to and will also give me another place to take my kids and their future kids, :1fishing1:

Regards,

Nathan

Put my little bit in Nathan. Did first decent session on Pittwater last summer and keen to hit it more often. Improved fish stocks would only make it a better proposition.

Cheers for the heads up

Caine

• 5 months later...
Guest hawkesbass

A tackle store on woodville road has a petition for its customers to sign regarding a buyout off the pros in the hawkesbury i have signed it and have sent emails off aswell

From today's Manly Daily:

Petition pays off: government to consider Pittwater fishing haven

PITTWATER could be off limits for commercial fishermen following a government fishing review.

In response to a petition calling for a total ban on commercial fishing, lodged by Pittwater MP Rob Stokes, Primary Industries Minister Katrina Hodgkinson said the state government was willing to consider turning the area into a “fishing haven”.

In November, Mr Stokes presented Parliament with 500 signatures calling for an end to commercial fishing in Pittwater.

“Commercial fishing armaments fail to protect the important role that Pitt-water plays as a breeding ground and nursery for juvenile fish stocks,” he said in the attached letter.

“(We) request the minister (for Primary Industries) initiate a fair buyout of commercial fishing operators from within Pittwater to help ensure a sustainable future for this invaluable natural asset.”

The Coalition promised to review commercial fishing prior to the election, with a special nod towards Pitt- water. Commercial fishing policy is now under a government review which is due to be finalised in March. The review will balance environmental factors along with the economic issues for the industry.

Ms Hodgkinson said no action would be taken until the review was finished but said it was seeking further feedback from commercial and recreational fishermen.

“The NSW government is willing to consider proposals for new recreational fishing havens or changes to the existing recreational fishing havens - but only where there is strong consensus to do so from commercial and local fishermen,” she said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/petition-pays-off-for-stokes/

Hey guys i just wanted to repost a topic thats come up on another forum.

Mods if you feel it breaches the rules sory and please remove this but i feel it should be ok and in everyones best interests to read about this.

Cheers

Craig

Hi all

Pittwater needs your help and it needs it now.

Finally we have a chance to get Pittwater as a Recreational Fishing Haven but it is up to you all.

Recently our local member for Pittwater raised in government that Pittwater is in need of help and wants to buy out the commercial operators.

For this to happen you need to go to www.robstokes.com.au and hit the contact button to leave a message of support.

He needs as many people to send off a quick email even if it only states your name and I support the Pittwater Buy Out and Recreational Fishing Haven.

The government have said that if there are enough to support the idea they will pay for the buy out and not us rec anglers fishing fund.

Come on guys I beg you all whether you like me or hate my smelly guts, this is a cause that we all need to be a part of for it to happen.

You all know how well Sydney Harbour now fishes, if this goes through we will have the same scenario five or so years after it goes through.

They want to act fast so please dont delay and email Rob and if you have the time thank him for his efforts with this issue.

Thanks for your time and please spread the word as every email counts with this one.

Best wishes

Peter

all ready put my vote and letter to the mp thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I recently received an email from Mr Peter Turnell stating that they have absolutely no plans on a Pittwater buy out and that they recently installed a large offshore artificial reef to increase recreational fishing opportunities in the Sydney basin.

So I guess we should be content with the South Head reef.

RIP Pittwater

THat is just BS, the wellbeing of everything is effected by the greed of a few... namely ministers with pockets, and commercial parties with something to put into those pockets...

Once again, listen to the minority, for the detriment of everyone. A dog's game.... wait a minute..I own dogs, and they wouldnt do that to eachother.

So... So frustrated by this. Sometimes I think the only way to get heard is by using the loudest medium....MONEY.

Wonder the reaction if all rec fisho's flat out refused to pay there fishing lisence? WOuld they listen then...Probably not.We would just give them more money in fines to do nothing with,

lets just do to pittwatter what was done to cheaspeake bay bass..... all gone(google it if u dont know).

nothng will change, pittwater will die, along with Broken bay. while a few commercial netters a fishers get fat (not even that fat), at the same time as decimating natural stocks we are all entitled too. (Shoot selves in fooT)

BS, big bag of BS, huge bag of BS.

very frustrated rant OVER, sorry guys, but like us all I feel we are fighting a loosing battle.

Edited by Central coast mariner

• 4 weeks later...