Anyone got good Luderick recipes?

chriseels2010

I've been Blackfishing for a month or so need some good Blackfish recipes.

So far I've cooked them filleted and skinned, fried with flour in a Burger and also as Thai Fish cakes which were really nice even though I didn't really use a recipe and they fell apart whilst cooking.

So does any one have some good recipes for blackfish? I'd also like to try them whole!

I've been Blackfishing for a month or so need some good Blackfish recipes.

So far I've cooked them filleted and skinned, fried with flour in a Burger and also as Thai Fish cakes which were really nice even though I didn't really use a recipe and they fell apart whilst cooking.

So does any one have some good recipes for blackfish? I'd also like to try them whole!

Hi mate,

Have you ever made it steamed with ginger and spring onion or shallot?

It is a Chinese recipe.

Just scale, gut and clean it including the black line inside.

Make 2 diagonal slices on each side and rub the fish with lemon juice and salt, then leave it 20 minutes in the fridge.

Cut 2 spring onions or shallots into 2 cm length and julienne 3cm ginger into tooth pick size.

Chop 2 cloves of garlic into small pieces.

Boil water on a steamer.

Put the fish on a round Pyrex glass plate with some of the ginger and spring onion at the bottom and some covering the fish. Put 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and cover it with aluminum foil and steam it for 10 minutes.

While steaming the fish, fry the chopped garlic with 3 tablespoons of sesame oil until golden brown and pour it on top of the steamed fish and keep steaming it for another 4 minutes without the aluminum foil cover.

You can have it with steamed rice.

Have a nice try and let me know how it goes.

Andy

Hi ya

Blackfish really suit smoking too! I used to fillet them & smoke them, but now just gut & head them & smoke them whole!

http://www.fishraide...opic=21929&st=0

The smoked fish is terrific to make Smoked Fish Pie .......

You can take the flesh off the fish (take great care to remove all bones) & make it into a Smoked fish Pie

To make the pie, just make a really thick cheese sauce ( I add a bit of curry paste or mustard for extra flavour & colour) & then add 2 chopped, cooked onions (I microwave them first on high for 5 mins) & peas (I use reconstituted dried peas - cover with hot water for 5 mins then microwave for 4-5 mins on med-high) then mix in the shredded fish flesh. Put it in a shallow baking dish, cover with mashed potato & pop in the oven with a bit of grated cheese on top, to melt & brown for about 1hr depending on how cold it got before putting it into a moderate oven. (about 150 degrees celsius.)

It also freezes really well - so I tend to make a big serve & freeze 2 & eat one! 6 fish will give you one solid feed & 3 to freeze! I use those Alfoil dishes that have cardboard lids (silver on the side that goes against the food.) They do take a long time to thaw (being so full of goodness!) so you would need to leave them out in the morning if you want to cook them in the evening. (I put anything to thaw in the microwave so flies can't find it ...... and you don't accidentally turn the oven on if left there, as I have done before :tease: ) Moderate oven for about 1hr to reheat (make sure you take the lid off & have it on a metal tray covered in alfoil, in case of overflow!

Also, if you skin & fillet them & freeze them absolutely flat ....... from freezer to table in 10 mins!

http://www.fishraide...showtopic=17392

CHeers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Wow that pie recipe sounds great, never smoked a fish before so i'll have to try it soon!

But I did go blackfishing with success today, kept 3 of the bigger ones. Though I dont have a steamer, I cleaned the fish, added onion, spring onion, ginger, coriander, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and curry paste. LOL whatever I had! and wrapped it in foil, put it in a baking dish with some water in it. The steam effect!

Tasted great! thanks for the recipes. Look forward to fish pie

post-16697-019509300 1311578512_thumb.jpg

Wow that pie recipe sounds great, never smoked a fish before so i'll have to try it soon!

But I did go blackfishing with success today, kept 3 of the bigger ones. Though I dont have a steamer, I cleaned the fish, added onion, spring onion, ginger, coriander, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and curry paste. LOL whatever I had! and wrapped it in foil, put it in a baking dish with some water in it. The steam effect!

Tasted great! thanks for the recipes. Look forward to fish pie

Wow, by doing that you have created a new recipe.

But actually you didn't need to add sugar and curry paste as it becomes Chinese and Indian fusion fish recipe.

They are competing each other at the moment.

Lol your indian x chinese fused recipe sounds the bomb !! If i ever learn to blackfish (one day soon) ill most definately be trying your recipe bud hehehe!! Try this one next time although ive never done this with luderick !!

Same way you cooked it except use these ingredients:

1 whole Brown Onion sliced

2 Cloves garlic crushed

1 whole hot chilli or half if your not a big chilli fan

Some good Curry Powder about 3 tea spoons or a whole table spoon

Enough Coconut Milk to cover the fish

Salt to help the coconut milk taste awesome

!!!!

It should come out A-W-E-SOME !!

Im hungry... hmm fish tonight i think although i wont be fishing so off to the seafood market :P

Hope you enjoy this simple recipe mate,

Cheers,

jez

• 2 weeks later...

Try them ceviche' - fillet ad skinned cut the fillet into thin slices not really thin like sashimi and place in a bowl with frsh corained leaves chopped rough a clove of crushed garlic half a green medium heat chilli and add enough fresh lemon juice to cover, mix and allow to sit at room temp for half hour mix again and wait another 45 mins. serve it up using a fork so you get the coriander and chilli wit the fish but drain the majority of the juice off. This is really simple andtasty and needs no heat! The acid in the juice does the cooking if you pre prep all the chilli and garlic etc and the juice it is something you can do and I have done so on the fishing spot great in summer very healthy and refereshing!

Once this has been done serve wit hroast swett potato and a salsa

Otherwise poached in olive oil or crumbed they are gorgeous!