Monster Weed Eater

Juzza

It was monday afternoon and i was fishing a local haunt on the north beaches. The downs were few and far between, even with burley. So decided to move about 50m away to see if there were anymore fish.

The downs were continuous after the first cast, half the time the float didnt even have time to sit upright and BAM off it went into the water. The fish were being caught...like no tomorrow. When sun set approach there was a subtle down, i waited, and the float disappeared...2 seconds later i struck. The fish went balistic in the shallow water and my 2000 tiera reel had line screaming off it, at the first run it took about 10m of line off meanwhile i was crossing my fingers that the 6lb leader wasnt going to break and that all the knots were tied correctly. The fight took about 5min, with drag being peeled off and regaining line until the fish was tired. was holding my breath until i saw it and MAN WAS IT MASSIVE!!! :1yikes: . With a sigh of relief it was in the keeper net. It managed to smash my 42cm pb by 5cm! :yahoo:

Well, there you go. a 47cm blackfish...once in a lifetime blackfish :biggrin2: at least for this day and age. Also i managed to catch over 30 of them, with the average size to be 35cm. All but 9 were released, you could see that they were probably about to breed and full of roe. :yahoo: more little blackfish on the way

post-6561-003465500 1311755474_thumb.jpg

Monster 47cm Blackie

Justin :1fishing1:

Edited by Juzza

WOOHOO!! Congrats on your new Fishraider Record, Justin! That is one MIGHTY blackfish! Well done on landing it in such shallow waters, too!!

WOW! How much fun that would have been catching 30+ good sized fish & putting most back!! Nice looking fillets there, too! biggrin2.gif

Well done, mate!

Roberta