Landbased Bobbin Head

CaineM

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any experience around Bobbin Head. Looking to take my daughter down there with her new little fishing rod but don't want to soak baits for hours looking for flatties. Anyone had much luck with yakkas or other bits and pieces fishing down there.

Went there on weekend and the bream inside the marina sanctuary had me salivating.

Caine

Off the wharf will get you heaps. If you're after quantity rather than quality (key for short attention spans), then go light and small. I usually use small hooks a if I have to a little bit of split shot rather than huge sinkers. Prawns do the trick, and a bit of berley won't hurt either.

Mate, there is some good fishing, but not really around the easiest access areas at thew bridge, wharf, carpark etc. If you go along the trail past the cafe's, boatsheds- up stream, there are some good spots to do typical estuary fishing, but honestly unless you have a boat or qayaaq, then really don't expect great fishing. Maybe Apple Tree Bay could be a bit better. Not trying to be negative, but if you live around this area- go to Narrabeen Lake or West Head, Akuna etc. If you "need" the family affair- Pittwater has some good spots, as does the Harbour around Ball's Head, Kirribilli, Lavender Bay etc....

I added a map for you.

Cheers,

N

post-8890-038839600 1312185133_thumb.jpg

Mate, there is some good fishing, but not really around the easiest access areas at thew bridge, wharf, carpark etc. If you go along the trail past the cafe's, boatsheds- up stream, there are some good spots to do typical estuary fishing, but honestly unless you have a boat or qayaaq, then really don't expect great fishing. Maybe Apple Tree Bay could be a bit better. Not trying to be negative, but if you live around this area- go to Narrabeen Lake or West Head, Akuna etc. If you "need" the family affair- Pittwater has some good spots, as does the Harbour around Ball's Head, Kirribilli, Lavender Bay etc....

I added a map for you.

Cheers,

N

post-8890-038839600 1312185133_thumb.jpg

Just wanting something to hook up to for my little girl who isn't 3 yet. Going for a quick punt in the tinny on the weekend. Will see if there are any yakka schools in Waratah or bits and pieces further down.

Cheers

Caine

• 1 month later...

I see you are on the North Shore. Go that little bit further to 40 Baskets Beach at Balgowlah near Manly. Great wharf, plenty of leatherjackets and yellowtail nearby. For the leatherjackets use long shanked hooks, so you can get a quick catch and release. Burley them up with a bit of old bread, using chicken gut on the hook.

• 12 years later...