Chipping norton

matt17

I catch mullet and poddys (try to anyway), there's lots there.

I catch the odd occasional bream, actually caught a big bream from there 4 weeks ago, it was about 35cm.

There's eels there too. The water is kinda brackish from fresh water entries, so I don't eat anything from there.

My catches end up as bait in Hawkesbury =)

Joco you still ow me a trip with the soft plastics, I wanna see you do your magic with the stella 1000, and maybe I can finally put my twinpower to use

Sent you an invite :) I havent used the STELLA for ages.... Maybe this Thursday night

chippo is a pretty good lure spot.over the years iv caught bream,flattys,mullet,tailor,whiting,ep's,bass and some great jewfish.my pb in chippo is 12kg jew.also some big flathead as jew bycatch.

this year has been a bit hit & miss though.last year was a cracker with jew and flathead on nearly every session.cos its my local,me & my mate would fish there maybe 2-3 times a week,tossing sp's on light gear all landbased.

last week was the first time i fished there since around april.with joco,we had one the best sessions iv had there on some decent bass in the 30-40cm range.we got probly 40 odd fish in 90mins.but the fishing isnt always that hot.you have to be willing to move around alot to find actively feeding fish.sometimes we move on foot up to 5 times until we find fish.

hope this helps.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

Hey doi,

i live in around fairfield and chippo is very close. never fished it. might give it a go sometime soon, don't have to go very far haha.

what did you use? just soft plastics?

chippo is a pretty good lure spot.over the years iv caught bream,flattys,mullet,tailor,whiting,ep's,bass and some great jewfish.my pb in chippo is 12kg jew.also some big flathead as jew bycatch.

this year has been a bit hit & miss though.last year was a cracker with jew and flathead on nearly every session.cos its my local,me & my mate would fish there maybe 2-3 times a week,tossing sp's on light gear all landbased.

last week was the first time i fished there since around april.with joco,we had one the best sessions iv had there on some decent bass in the 30-40cm range.we got probly 40 odd fish in 90mins.but the fishing isnt always that hot.you have to be willing to move around alot to find actively feeding fish.sometimes we move on foot up to 5 times until we find fish.

hope this helps.

cheers johnny. :beersmile:

you sound like a guru for chippo lakes. Maybe we could aorganize a session one day to hit up the lakes!

• 2 weeks later...

Your not wrong when u say Doi is the guru of the lakes !! One of the best fishos I know that are local and can catch fish the way he does in chippo !! He's a freak with his plastics and lures !! Definitely rate him as guru status for chippo lakes 100%

Edited by Mr.KingSpooled