Estuary Perch Excitement!

Joco

WELL after a long absence from fishing (5-6 weeks) due to work commitments and a holiday, it was time to hit the local spot for a flick.

I teamed up with Johnny (Fisher Doi)for an early session at Chipping Norton.

We got to the water prior to sunrise, no wind at all, and first flick i was on :biggrin2:

Ended up pulling out a solid 35cm EP.... :thumbup:

chippingnorton135.jpg

Next thing you know Johnny is on after a couple of flicks...

The whole morning for a good hour, we were pulling out Ep's, left righ and center...

Double hook ups, heavy hits, many misses, and on several occasions we got busted off, even though i was using 10lb leader....

Laughter and excitement echoed....

What ever plastic/hard bodied lure you threw in, it was bound to get smacked...

The fish were nice and healthy with fat bellies (all of them)...

One fish regurgitated a couple of herring, i guess thats what they must have been feeding on.....

I was surprised that 90% of the EPs caught were averaging a HEALTHY 35-37cm... AND did i mention they were FAT..

chippingnorton143.jpg

chippingnorton144.jpg

Biggest of the day was at 40cm....

In TOTAl we lost count of how many fish we caught... Must have been a good 35-40 units, if not more...

FUN session i must admit....

Good way to come back to fishing....

Joey

chippingnorton142.jpg

I always get mixed up with ep's and bass.lol.whatever they were,was a awesome session with good company and great fishing.sure is 1 of the best sessions iv had in the local in terms of numbers and the class of fish.thanx joey. Cheers johnny.

Thank you for the replies.....

Definately a great session on light gear...

We caught them landbased.... If you look closer at the last photo you might know where it is....

I need to buy myself a boat and go exploring throughout the Georges...

Now time to attend x20 weddings, engagement parties, bucks night.... What's with that this time of the year!!! I wanna go n fish :)

Only disappointing thing was seeing so much rubbish on the water banks and actually floating in the water :( from all that heavy rain...

Can't be taken but can still be fished during closed season. Know some fish caught close to spawning re-absorb their eggs because of the stress of capture which ain't great but don't know if that happens with EPs and bass. Nice landbased Sydney lure session fellas!

Edited by bombora

no dout they are fat because they are ready for a spawn next full moon

I thought that might be the case in relation to being fat, due to spawning.....

Thus the reason why you can fish for them BUT not take them throughout the June to August months...

Know some fish caught close to spawning re-absorb their eggs because of the stress of capture which ain't great but don't know if that happens with EPs and bass.

:huh: :huh: what do you mean by re-absorb their eggs??? Eat them!!!

Not too sure, never heard of such a thing... BUT it cant be good for the fish, whatever the case....

Edited by Joco

Not eaten, re-absorbed within their bodies. Bit of an underground rec fishing issue. How many times have we all fished what are basically spawning aggregations of various species? How many times have you seen a fishing vid host hold up a fat fish obviously full of eggs? Even though released did that fish not spawn? WOuld like to know more and if all species are vulnerable but we are sometimes not as green as we like to think we are.

How many times have we all fished what are basically spawning aggregations of various species? How many times have you seen a fishing vid host hold up a fat fish obviously full of eggs? Even though released did that fish not spawn? WOuld like to know more and if all species are vulnerable but we are sometimes not as green as we like to think we are.

SOME VERY GOOD POINTS!!!!! Never though about it that way, never crossed my mind....

Now I will be paranoid once going fishing....

NOTE: "Don’t hook up a spawning BASS Joco, hook up a big Jewie" :yahoo: