Tasty Salmon Curry

Pongrass18ft

Hi Raiders

This is a recipe which I use for my Salmon which is a must to try and won't disappoint.

Ingredients:

1 large de-boned Salmon cut into cubes (all blood line removed)

3 medium onions cut into wedges

4 potatoes cut into cubes

3 carrots thinly sliced

140g Leggos Garlic and Herb Tomato Paste

2 chicken stock cubes dissolved in 800ml boiling water

2 tablespoons curry powder (add more or less depending on taste)

Black pepper

Boiled rice (approximately 4 cups, depending on how many eating)

Method:

Firstly brown onions in saucepan with two tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken stock and garlic and herb paste into saucepan with onions and stir. Add potatoes and carrots and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add curry powder and sprinkle in some black pepper and give a good stir. Finally add fish cubes and leave on low simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve on boiled rice and garlic bread on the side.

Serves: 4

ENJOY!!!

Chris

post-13990-026151500 1312882801_thumb.jpg

I suppose with a fish like salmon you have to try to mask the bland flavour with a heap of curry and tomato based sauces to make it barely edible.I have tried all these recipes and was not impressed so its catch and release for me.

I suppose with a fish like salmon you have to try to mask the bland flavour with a heap of curry and tomato based sauces to make it barely edible.I have tried all these recipes and was not impressed so its catch and release for me.

If you cooked a kingfish or snapper this way I doubt you would taste the difference.

Its all in the preparation.

Hi Raiders

This is a recipe which I use for my Salmon which is a must to try and won't disappoint.

Ingredients:

1 large deboned Salmon cut into cubes (all blood line removed)

3 medium onions cut into wedges

4 potatoes cut into cubes

3 carrots thinly sliced

140g Legos Garlic and Herb Tomato Paste

2 chicken stock cubes dissolved in 800ml boiling water

2 tablespoons curry powder (add more or less depending on taste)

Black pepper

Boiled rice (approximately 4 cups, depending on how many eating)

Method:

Firstly brown onions in saucepan with two tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken stock and garlic and herb paste into saucepan with onions and stir. Add potatoes and carrots and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add curry powder and sprinkle in some black pepper and give a good stir. Finally add fish cubes and leave on low simmer for 5 minutes.

Serve on boiled rice and garlic bread on the side.

Serves: 4

ENJOY!!!

Chris

How about a money back guarantee if is gross Mr Master Chef? :biggrin2:

Fully agree, but some say they are nice smoked which i might try one day if im up to it.

Im with you on that too George but Im going to give this and smoked a go Just for the sake of it, Buts not too bad when I skinned, filleted , blood line out, cut into small pieces, rolled into crumbed chilli, lemon and pepper mix, shallow fried.

Thanks for the tip Basil but no thanks, i have tried salmon a few different ways and still i don't like them but some people swear the are great smoked, so i am propably going to give that a go someday. I might just try out that recipe that you suggest on the squid. Cheers mate.

its sensational on squid :thumbup: