Raymond Terrace Fishing

hobbitt

Just a little bit of local knowledge required. Newly moved to Raymond Terrace, I have a 3.95mtr tinnie that I used to put in at Lake Macquarie, and now that I live at the Terrace, was wondering where the best option to try my hand at wetting a line might be. There is a boat ramp at the Fitzgerald Bridge on the Hunter River - Raymond Terrace, or should I try further down, Hexham or maybe around Stocton?? What should I expect to catch here?? Thanks for any input.

Just a little bit of local knowledge required. Newly moved to Raymond Terrace, I have a 3.95mtr tinnie that I used to put in at Lake Macquarie, and now that I live at the Terrace, was wondering where the best option to try my hand at wetting a line might be. There is a boat ramp at the Fitzgerald Bridge on the Hunter River - Raymond Terrace, or should I try further down, Hexham or maybe around Stocton?? What should I expect to catch here?? Thanks for any input.

Drive through here every year on our way up the coast. There are mainly carp, catfish and the odd bass here. If you head a bit further down river towards the mouth then the water will turn to salt and you get the jewies, brem, flathead and crabs hanging out in the brackish water. This is the spot. Just find out where this point is and fish it.

Drive through here every year on our way up the coast. There are mainly carp, catfish and the odd bass here. If you head a bit further down river towards the mouth then the water will turn to salt and you get the jewies, brem, flathead and crabs hanging out in the brackish water. This is the spot. Just find out where this point is and fish it.

GR8 Work, that's the go...... Thanks for that.

• 6 years later...