3lb Fluro straight thru

brendong

Just bought some Sunline FC super sniper to set up a straight throught outfit on my 2500 Fireblood...i figure cause I fish a lot of clear water systems in summer like port hacking, Lake conjola and Nambucca it should help me when chucking pencils, poppers and small placcy's.....am I on the right track?

Do I need to fish any differently and what am now? And I going to notice difference in retrieves between 3lb fluro and 4 lb crystal....

One things for sure, I am looking forward to not having to tie albright connections as often...

Edited by Poddy Trapper

I fish 4lb fluro right through on a couple of my rods, the main difference I notice between braid is the significant difference in breaking strain for the same line class. You need to fish alot softer then if you were using the same class braid...

We tend to use flouro on HBs more than anything else as you need abit more feel for SPs so braid is better but in clear water go for longer lighter leaders

For pencils you would be better off using a quality clear mono like platypus platinum as it floats and flouro sinks which really affects the action of the pencil

Hey mate i have started running straight through 2lb Yamatoyo and find it is good for blades and hardbodys but you loose a little casting distance when going light plastics and it takes a little while to get used to

Im not sure with using it for top water as fluro sinks and might drag through the water too much

I know alot of a few people use straight through with hardbodys and swear by it and i dare say it helped me last weekend when i was down mallacoota on the last day of the comp

Hope i have helped a little

cheers

Pete

Mate.

Try Berkley Nanofil

http://www.purefishing.com.au/line/berkley/nanofil/nanofil1/

I used it for the first time during the week. So light, so thin and never have I noticed a line go so smoothly through the guides. It's not as good as braid in terms of abrasion resistance but its better than mono. It is incredibly light.

PM me if you want a place to get it really cheap too.

Surely all the breambos will jump on it.

That said it is useless for anything but Bream, Whiting, etc

How many setups do you normally run with when you go out mate?

If you chuck diving h/b's it would be worthwhile still

Pete

Normally two, but over summer one is almost always a pencil/popper set up...then usually a sp, probably could do with a 3rd good quailty outfit then have that on a blade or hb set up I spose on the 3 lb?

How many do you normally run with?

Heres what I use if Im fishing the bay in summer for bream

1 outfit for poppers only braid short 10lb leader

1 outfit for pencils braid longer 6lb leader doubles up as blade if I move to deeper water

1 outfit SPs braid long 4lb leader

1 outfit 4lb flouro HBs

I use flouro leaders on my surface outfits but slide a little bit of scent that I use on the lures up the line to act as a floatant

i fish with two out fits but looking at another for tossing hard bodies.

I run my surface lures on either 10lb mono or 10lb braid and 10lb leader depending on the casting distance i need. and i usually use mono leader for the surface lures.

The other rod is more of a plastics/blade rod with 8lb braid and 8lb leader or 3lb braid and 4lb leader depending on where im fishing. I use Fluro Carbon leaders on these.

But the other outfit im looking at is a rod with 6 or 8lb braid and 8lb FC leader for hardbodies over the flats

I run 4 most times especially in comps but I do run 3 when I'm lazy or concentrating on one style of fishing or area

I normally have 2 set up's for plastics

one is usually hidden weight jig head and the other is normally a 1/12 head and so I'm covered from the shallows and all the way up to 5-6 m

And depending on season I'll have 2 set up for blades or one for HB's and blade or one for top water and HB's

I like having more rods rigged up cause there has been numerous times when I have been busted off then I pick up another rod and I'm on again the next cast

I almost always use 3lb leaded these days but if I target flatties I might go up to 5lb but saying that I have landed a few. Flatties up around 70cm on 2lb without too much troubles

Cheers

Pete