Help needed Gemfish recipe

roosterman

What you have stated comes out extremely well!

They are also really nice battered and fried as fish cocktails. Personally I am not a fan of over marinating and baking the gemfish as they taste nice as it is, and its not worth spoiling the natural flavour.

I've had trouble doing them crispy skinned in the past so now i only pan fry them once they are skinned,

Panned fried some seasoned with masterfoods maroccan herbs and spices and served with mayo was a bit of a hit with everyone (including my 5 year old girl who does not eat fish..... she only eats "Sea Chicken"... which is a story in itself).

Try them in the oven (don't over cook) in foil sit them on slices of lemon, butter and chives on the top with a splash of white wine.

They also rock in batter or just done in bread crumbs in a little oil.

did some in a thai red curry on friday but it was not the best.

If you don't mine getting your hands dirty they make great fishcakes as well.

enjoy

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I chopped up some coriander, parsley, red thai chilli paste, garlic, lemon grass, lemon and oil, mix together, rub through the fish, oven cook it in foil then spread some more of the marinade over it, then grill it to get some crisp on the top side, yummmmm http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.gif

The other way my boys love them is sking the fish, cut into steaks without the bones roll them in seafood crums from coles, fly them up and enjoy or by the way if you love chiile then add chille to the mixtur before cooking.

Edited by Groper