Nepean Bass!

reeseman

Well guys and girls,

I couldnt take it anymore! It had been too long since i had gone fishing about 6 months or more i think. So i called a sickie at work and planned to head down to wollongong to catch a few squid and see what i could get. Not wanting to go fishing alone however i gave a good mate of mine a call and as luck would have it he had the day off also, so after a few words and a change of plans we ended up taking his boat down to the Nepean to find some bass. My friend, Dom, was using alot of diving lures and poppers whilst i was casting my flies to every snag and bass looking spot i could see. I was using my own mini version of pink things.

After about 4 hours of drifting up and down various spots in the nepean with no luck we decided to make a move further down closer to the rowing club's location. Still casting our lures and flies at every spot near the shore. After another slow hour went by we were ready to call it quits, but my mate in all his cunning always has a plan B. He brought a small jar of worms for bait. So changing over to our bait rods we set ourselves up, determined to catch at least one bass before we left.

My friend set up with a float and myself fishing closer to the bottom we managed 3 bass within 20 minutes. It was nice to see that there were some fish in the water after about 6 hours of nothing. I would of loved to get a bass on the fly but I guess it was not meant to happen on this day. Still the bass we did catch and then release all seemed really fat and healthy looking fish. Im looking forward to taking a few on the fly when things start to heat up a bit.

Cheers Reeseman.

My mate was pretty happy after we found our first bass.

post-9542-021000500 1315437270_thumb.jpg

This is the one that i caught.

post-9542-013223300 1315437227_thumb.jpg

My mate ended up getting the last one for the day.

post-9542-075935400 1315437196_thumb.jpg

All in all was a fairly decent day on the nepean.

Edited by reeseman

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...