public ramps on the hawkesbury

farizzy

Hi guys, ive got friday off and im thinking of heading down the hawksebury for a fish.

Where could i launch as im coming from frenchs forest, ive read a few good reports on the flaties but happy to

load the boat up and just explore, taking bait and plastics, cant wait.....

I like the Ramp at Mooney Mooney,

if you like to explore the the area around Bar Point, north of Berowra Waters and Milsons Point.

The Ramp at Brooklyn (Parsley Bay) is good as well and you can explore the area aound Dangar Island and the middle of the Hawkesbury, I like the new Jetty at Parsly Bay and it's easier when it's windy.

But maybe the best option for you is Apple Tree Bay down at Bobbin Head.

You save a lot of time going down from the Pacific Hwy at Turramurra.

Cowan Creek is good fisching and calm water, I like Jerusalem Bay and from there it's under 10 min to the Hawkesbury.

If you go up to Brooklyn it takes another 30-40 min from Turramurra.

The only thing is the 11 bugs for National Parks at Bobbin Head, but that the 11 bugs you save on fuel

I'd go to bobbin head. That's the one I use all the time now. It's close for you to get to and it's only a 10-15 min run out from there to juno point etc. It's sheltered and doesn't get affected by wind and wash from passing cruisers like the ramp at brooklyn (mooney mooney bridge). I've seen a few people have troubles there when a big cruiser goes by with a big wash. As for parking you can always get an annual pass for about $65.00 from a servo at forestville that's good for any national park.

Cheers

Cheers guys, i just had a look at the ramp at parsley bay, looks good,,,

ive got a parks pass as i launch at rosville bridge.

i was hoping to chase a few flaties. ive read a few good reports from bobbin heads

but ive caught some nice lizards off the rocks at flint and steel.

decisions decisons.

thanks again for the help with the ramps.

could come down to a toss of the coin..... might just throw in the extra jerry can and do both hahahaha

Cheers guys, i just had a look at the ramp at parsley bay, looks good,,,

ive got a parks pass as i launch at rosville bridge.

i was hoping to chase a few flaties. ive read a few good reports from bobbin heads

but ive caught some nice lizards off the rocks at flint and steel.

decisions decisons.

thanks again for the help with the ramps.

could come down to a toss of the coin..... might just throw in the extra jerry can and do both hahahaha

It comes down to the size of your boat as well. If you have a quick boat, then Apple Tree Bay (ie Bobbin Head) is a good, sheltered option. However, it's a long haul out if you don't have much speed (or limited fuel), in which case Parsley Bay would be your best bet.

I'm from Hornsby Heights and I switch mainly between Mooney and Apple Tree, depending upon prevailing wind conditions (Mooney can be a total pain when the wind is up).