BACK TO THE BAY SOCIAL - THIS WEEKEND

mrsswordfisherman

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO

WEATHER BEING UNSUITABLE

ADMIN 4.25PM Friday 23 Sept 2011

Some last minute goss about the social this weekend

Prizes will be for

biggest bream, flathead and trevally SNR and JNR - SPONSORED BY PURE FISHING

We will also have some mystery prizes so bring back any interesting captures and particularly any children that catch a fish of any sort that is legal.

We have some games, rods and reels - SPONSORED BY Geoff and Lyn (Dalucius)

2 inflatable lifejackets - SPONSORED BY NSW MARITIME

post-869-030032600 1316576388_thumb.jpg

VENUE: Cook Park at Sans Souci Cnr The Grand Parade & Ramsgate Rd (opposite Coles)

DATE: Sunday 25th September 2011

TIME: Fishing and registration will commence from 6AM (0600) and continue through until 12 MD (1200)

FISHING AREA: Georges and Cooks Rivers and all tributaries

TARGETTED SPECIES: Bream, Flathead and Trevally

GENERAL INFO:

The BBQ is on from 6am for those that want a bacon and egg roll before they start.

We will have the weigh in and presentation after 12 MD, the BBQ will be on all day for a sausage sanga or bacon and egg roll. Cold soft drinks and freshly brewed tea and coffee will also be available

This is a family day so please bring wives, kids, partners, mums and dads and even if you are not fishing come along and meet all those fishraiders that you "meet" on the site.

You can put your boat into the water at any ramp you want to , this will help avoid congestion at any one ramp, remember that we will also be sharing resources with the general public !!

These are a few of the ramps available to use:

HOLE IN THE WALL SYLVANIA

BOTANY BAY BOAT RAMP

KYEEMAGH BOAT RAMP

OATLEY BAY BOAT RAMP

The Social part of this event will be held at Cook Park, Sans Souci .

The BBQ is on from 6am for those that want a bacon and egg roll before they start.

We will have the weigh in and presentation after 12 MD, the BBQ will be on all day for a sausage sanga or bacon and egg roll. Cold soft drinks and freshly brewed tea and coffee will also be available

Fishraider Head Quarters will be staffed from 06:00am and fishing can commence once you are registered @ 06:00am, and finish NO LATER THAN 12:00PM (12:00 midday).

For this event you must register before you commence fishing. This is for legal reasons , and there will be no exception. Guests who sign on must be with a Fishraider member, no blow ins.

The target species for this year are Bream, Flathead and Trevally. All fish will be measured from Tip of head to Tip of tail.

To be eligible for these prizes you must register @ Fishraider Headquarters prior to fishing

To qualify for the Junior Angler prize you must be under 16 years of age.

Any legal species of FLATHEAD , BREAM OR TREVALLY is eligible for a prize , The organisers decision as to the winning entry is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.

In the event that we have 2 identically sized fish, the two anglers names will be entered into a hat, and the winner will be drawn on the day.

If for some reason the weather becomes unfishable, or the waters dangerous, the event will be postponed to a later date. This is a safety precaution.

Please come prepared for the conditions with wet weather gear, hats, sunscreen or what ever is required etc.

All boats must conform to Maritime Regulations, particularly safety vests for each person on board, a bucket, oars ( if only running one motor), waterproof torch etc.

All communications shall be over Channel 86, should the need arise for ship to ship communication.

Most of all, bring along your sense of fun!! Be competitive by all means, but remember that this is a social day, not a fishing comp as such.

A Fishraider social is about meeting other members and not only about the fishing :D

Any changes to this schedule will be posted here so check back prior to the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

I hope goes well... regardless of weather I may not make it as I just have been told that I am having surgery in the morning, so I dont know whether I will make it down at all... Good luck to all and i hope all goes well. :thumbup:

I hope everything goes well for you Sean and we will miss you.

Cheers Stewy

hi is there a registration fee

thanks heaps

You could always purchase some of our great hats,beanies or stickers and maybe a limited edition FISHRAIDER T-SHIRT FOR 15 buxs :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

I hope goes well... regardless of weather I may not make it as I just have been told that I am having surgery in the morning, so I dont know whether I will make it down at all... Good luck to all and i hope all goes well. :thumbup:hope it goes ok mate, get back fishin soon john and jackie

Yarraone,

Best wishes for your surgery and for a speedy recovery. You will be missed and your support in the past events is well known.

I hope the weather turns in our favour. My kids and I look forward to the event each year. It's my youngest son's birthday today but he's more excited about the social than his birthday!!

pmak

Yarraone,

Best wishes for your surgery and for a speedy recovery. You will be missed and your support in the past events is well known.

I hope the weather turns in our favour. My kids and I look forward to the event each year. It's my youngest son's birthday today but he's more excited about the social than his birthday!!

pmak

Awwwww that is so nice pmak - lets hope weather is ok

Thankyou to everyone who offered to help as well including Mako,Swano,Captin,Dogtooth and Geoff and Lyn Dalucius.

Admin is so disappointed that we couldnt go ahead :(

Regards Stewy and Donna

Have a look at the video in this post by one of our members - this is why we cancel

CLICK HERE

Thank you so much for all your dedication and effort Mrs & Mr Swordfisherman and helpers in organising such a wonderful event, shame about the weather but fingers crossed all will be fine for next time.

Have a great weekend

Best Regards

Ian

well the event be moved to another day or is it done and dusted? though I might not be able to attend now as Im in the process of moving which sort of sucks but Im moving to dapto so will be within easy reach of the south coast beaches which is a win in anyones books having the nearest beach only a 15min drive away :yahoo:

Saturday, 24 September 2011

Maritime Alert – Wild Weather

NSW Maritime has issued an alert to boat skippers following a forecast for dangerous conditions.

The forecast is for dangerous surf conditions from about Newcastle to Byron Bay from Sunday.

There is a gale warning for NSW waters between Crowdy Head and Port Hacking; with winds easterly then tending east to northeasterly and increasing up to 30 knots Sunday morning then northeast to southeasterly and increasing up to 35 to 40 knots Sunday afternoon. The combined sea and swell conditions are forecast to increase up to 4 metres.

NSW Maritime advises skippers and owners of small craft to be on high alert and to check the conditions before considering heading onto exposed waters or offshore.

Dangerous surf conditions can easily translate into dangerous conditions for rock fishing and for vessels crossing coastal bars.

Every skipper is responsible for the safety of their vessel and all on board, and NSW Maritime advises skippers to:

• Check the official weather before and during boating;
  • Ensure the boat and its equipment is suitable for the conditions;
  • Log on/ off with a Marine Rescue marine radio base for every trip offshore; and
  • Wear a lifejacket.

Offshore boating safety at www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/campaigns/offshore.html

Rock fishing safety at www.safewaters.nsw.gov.au/assets/pdf/rockfishing.pdf

Live webcam of bar crossings at www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/webcams/web-cam.html

Official forecast at www.bom.gov.au/nsw

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO

WEATHER BEING UNSUITABLE

ADMIN 4.25PM Friday 23 Sept 2011

Some last minute goss about the social this weekend

Prizes will be for

biggest bream, flathead and trevally SNR and JNR - SPONSORED BY PURE FISHING

We will also have some mystery prizes so bring back any interesting captures and particularly any children that catch a fish of any sort that is legal.

We have some games, rods and reels - SPONSORED BY Geoff and Lyn (Dalucius)

2 inflatable lifejackets - SPONSORED BY NSW MARITIME

post-869-030032600 1316576388_thumb.jpg

VENUE: Cook Park at Sans Souci Cnr The Grand Parade & Ramsgate Rd (opposite Coles)

DATE: Sunday 25th September 2011

TIME: Fishing and registration will commence from 6AM (0600) and continue through until 12 MD (1200)

FISHING AREA: Georges and Cooks Rivers and all tributaries

TARGETTED SPECIES: Bream, Flathead and Trevally

GENERAL INFO:

This is a family day so please bring wives, kids, partners, mums and dads and even if you are not fishing come along and meet all those fishraiders that you "meet" on the site.

You can put your boat into the water at any ramp you want to , this will help avoid congestion at any one ramp, remember that we will also be sharing resources with the general public !!

These are a few of the ramps available to use:

HOLE IN THE WALL SYLVANIA

BOTANY BAY BOAT RAMP

KYEEMAGH BOAT RAMP

OATLEY BAY BOAT RAMP

The Social part of this event will be held at Cook Park, Sans Souci .

Fishraider Head Quarters will be staffed from 06:00am and fishing can commence once you are registered @ 06:00am, and finish NO LATER THAN 12:00PM (12:00 midday).

For this event you must register before you commence fishing. This is for legal reasons , and there will be no exception. Guests who sign on must be with a Fishraider member, no blow ins.

The target species for this year are Bream, Flathead and Trevally. All fish will be measured from Tip of head to Tip of tail.

To be eligible for these prizes you must register @ Fishraider Headquarters prior to fishing

To qualify for the Junior Angler prize you must be under 16 years of age.

Any legal species of FLATHEAD , BREAM OR TREVALLY is eligible for a prize , The organisers decision as to the winning entry is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.

In the event that we have 2 identically sized fish, the two anglers names will be entered into a hat, and the winner will be drawn on the day.

If for some reason the weather becomes unfishable, or the waters dangerous, the event will be postponed to a later date. This is a safety precaution.

Please come prepared for the conditions with wet weather gear, hats, sunscreen or what ever is required etc.

All boats must conform to Maritime Regulations, particularly safety vests for each person on board, a bucket, oars ( if only running one motor), waterproof torch etc.

All communications shall be over Channel 86, should the need arise for ship to ship communication.

Most of all, bring along your sense of fun!! Be competitive by all means, but remember that this is a social day, not a fishing comp as such.

A Fishraider social is about meeting other members and not only about the fishing :D

Any changes to this schedule will be posted here so check back prior to the weekend.

Looking forward to seeing you all there

Just a bump to make sure everyone knows we have had to cancel due to poor weather conditions.

Regards Admin