Sydney Harbour Kingfish Locations?

ironfist26

Planning on catching my first kingy this upcoming summer and wondering and the best locations for kingies.

Have heard of wedding cakes holding kings, sow and pigs holding kings and also have a heard of a place in rose bay called the sticks?

Any other locations in the harbour and what techniques should be used?

Middle Head + dobroyd reef, The drums off clifton gardens, Spit Bridge and surrounding moorings (especially around corners), Quarantine Bay near North Head, Goat Island + its markers, Any Marker in Main Harbour, Shark island, Parsley Bay and i have heard of hermitage bay working at times.

One of the above spots + the ones you mentioned is bound to hold fish. Just make sure you have an arrangement of squid + livies.

I don't believe there isn't a kingfish sticky yet... these things are second after the mulloway aren't they??

Stefan

PS let me know if you find any extra spots, I'd love to add to my collection :)

Dont anchor on the Western side ( main channell) side of the Western Cake. You will be asked to move and or be fined for anchoring in the channel

The sticks all the way thru to shark island is designated as naval waters

Dont anchor there at all. again you will be asked to move and or be fined

Not sure about Clifton cans ?? it appears that the clearance zone has been extended to 300 mtrs. SO not sure how they will be policing that one this season

Baldy

Not sure about Clifton cans ?? it appears that the clearance zone has been extended to 300 mtrs. SO not sure how they will be policing that one this season

Baldy

Not as far as either I am aware or my brother the XO of security on HMAS Penguin. You stay outside the line of the bouys and you will be alright, but stray inside and you will either cop a verbal blast from the guards, or if they are having a bad day Water Police will be called immediately.

Dan