Heading up to Byron Bay?

johnopaparoulas

hey raiders

On the 19th till the 26th of november me and my mate will be at byron bay. Bringing up some rods and keen to do abit of heavy land base fishing since ill be bringing up my new saltist and spheros's. Iv never been there, but can you fish off thbe rocks up there to get some nice big fish?

what type of fish are round that area and any tips on rigs baits or places to fish?

I usually manage to get a good feed up near belongil creek using plastics.

I don't know about rock fishing though.

Try just north of belongil creek in the gutters there for consistent catches of flathead especially, but you'll get all the other usual suspects too.

To get there drive to the golf course, park where the road runs out, then cut across the course and stroll down to the beach. This route brings you out right next to the creek, walk left from there and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

hey raiders

On the 19th till the 26th of november me and my mate will be at byron bay. Bringing up some rods and keen to do abit of heavy land base fishing since ill be bringing up my new saltist and spheros's. Iv never been there, but can you fish off thbe rocks up there to get some nice big fish?

what type of fish are round that area and any tips on rigs baits or places to fish?

I lived in byron for 9 months or so and did a fair bit of rock and beach fishing....great place and great fishing... Many rock spots between Belongil and Tallows are off limits due to the marine park however you can fish the point under the lighthouse for stud tailor and jewies. Further afield is the magnificent and untouched broken head with many great spots like whites beach and jewfish point (whiting, bream, flathead, tailor, jewies). Have a great trip mate and sink a couple for me at the beach hotel ok...cheers