Fly Swap

irongustavius

Thinking of doing a fly swap if anybody is keen. Open for ideas on what to tie, but I was thinking nymphs / dries that work (or that you think will work) in the local trout waters (local being TCD, Cox's and Fish Rivers etc).

I'll either tie up a Christmas nymph or a lyre bird tail emerger depending on what people want.

Royce I'm looking for a contribution from you mate!

So . . . who wants in?

If your really interested I guess I could swap some Bead Head MkII Woollys or some Muz Wilson Fuzzel Buggers I have been tyling lately. Why don't we first up start a thread with photos of what we tie? Most of my stuff is mainly aimed at the Snowies (with some TCD and Pejar specific bits thrown in).

Windy

If your really interested I guess I could swap some Bead Head MkII Woollys or some Muz Wilson Fuzzel Buggers I have been tyling lately. Why don't we first up start a thread with photos of what we tie? Most of my stuff is mainly aimed at the Snowies (with some TCD and Pejar specific bits thrown in).

Windy

That's a good idea.

I'll take some photos on the weekend and we can judge if the flies are worthy of swapping.

Tied up a couple of Black Nymphs with a bit of flash through them for use in the Rivers around Goulburn. If the go ok will post up some photo's shortly.

Cheers

Windy

Sounds awesome.

I fished my emergers around TCD on the weekend for a donut. Mind you they didn't seem to be taking anything but dragonflies.

Anybody have a good dragonfly pattern?

If they are on Dragonflies I wouldn't bother, they are near impossible in that mood. The closest you might get is a Damselfly immitation (Dragonflies are too big to get an accurate representation) but to be honest I normally keep walking when I come across them feeding on Dragons. Amazes me how the Trout can get them in mid-flight though!

Windy

Thinking of doing a fly swap if anybody is keen. Open for ideas on what to tie, but I was thinking nymphs / dries that work (or that you think will work) in the local trout waters (local being TCD, Cox's and Fish Rivers etc).

I'll either tie up a Christmas nymph or a lyre bird tail emerger depending on what people want.

Royce I'm looking for a contribution from you mate!

So . . . who wants in?

You need to contact 'Royts'.

But pretty sure he is only tying saltwater flies at the moment.

You need to contact 'Royts'.

But pretty sure he is only tying saltwater flies at the moment.

Kurt it does'nt matter as I like to a bit of saltwater and its a fun thing to do to se ewhat everyone else i tying

Angus I reckon we set a date to start this baby and get going I will put some oicks up of recent ties and gentlemen decide which one you like best and thats what i'll tie!

4. coffee bead hackled wet

5. azure bead head hare and copper

3. day glo red bloody bugger

I really like that azure bead head hare and copper. I think that patten will do very well on the Coxs river.

Sorry guys, i'd really like to contribute, but haven't had the time lately to tie.

Regards Caddis

You should really save those Lyrebird feathers so you have a quill for work. Nothing would beat signing documents than with a massive Lyrebird quill and a little bottle of ink!

Okay . . . the pressure is on me then!

I'll put up some pics of some dries and folks can pick what they like the look of.