"BUYING A BOAT HULL ONLY?

kilp

Hi fellow raiders,

I am intrested in looking to buy a boat hull only. Currently I have a old fiberglass hull, which is older than me in age,( over 40 old years give or take )

It has served me well in the 3 years I have had the boat, but now I would like to buy a new hull. The motor I have is a 90hp Evinrude E-tec,it doesnt miss a beat, so I want to keep it, its only 3 years old too. My Budget is about 10 thousand, is it possible to land a 4.75 used alloy or fiberglass hull thats in decent condition? or am I dreaming ? If so , can anyone give me pointers please, everytime I do a search on the net , it send me to www.boatsales or boatpoint, and there are very few hulls for sale.

Any help will do, I live in the hills district but will look anywhere for a new hull.

Cheers

Kilp

I recently did what you are planning, I had a 40yr old tinnie with a newer tralier and motor. The boat was coroding away before my eyes! I rung around all the boat dealers and all the hull only prices were far to expensive to justify. I ended up getting a really good deal on a hull & tralier from one of the chinese importers. I sold the tralier (nothing wrong, just too wide to fit in my carport) and have had the boat for a bit under a year now. The construction of the boat is fantastic, with lots of re-inforcments and big wide welds, it performs beautifuly and I couldn't be happier :thumbup:

I recently did what you are planning, I had a 40yr old tinnie with a newer tralier and motor. The boat was coroding away before my eyes! I rung around all the boat dealers and all the hull only prices were far to expensive to justify. I ended up getting a really good deal on a hull & tralier from one of the chinese importers. I sold the tralier (nothing wrong, just too wide to fit in my carport) and have had the boat for a bit under a year now. The construction of the boat is fantastic, with lots of re-inforcments and big wide welds, it performs beautifuly and I couldn't be happier :thumbup:

Hi Daniel

Chinese importer ? Could you let me know who please ? even if you pm me.

Cheers

Kilp

Hi, it will be hard to find a boat only second hand of a late model due to people do not usually sell a good late model hull without engine and trailer. You often get, like yourself, an old hull with latter model engine and trailer but rarely the other way around. You can easily buy a new boat only but the budget then becomes a problem because a boat only say like a Stacer 489 Baymaster, that would go well with your current engine, is priced at $15K for just the hull and from about another $2,500 for new trailer.

I do have a new superceeded Coxcraft 480 Coastal runabout, that is a great hull and is bascially the Haines Hunter 445R hull with a pod on the back, for sale. It is packaged at present as a BMT but it would be good to find a new home for it. The boat is rated to 90HP and you can view the specs at www.coxcraft.com.au to see if it the style of boat you are after. Pricing normally would be way over your $10K budget but you never know what I maybe able to do to move it.

PM me if you are interested and I can send some photos.

Cheers,

Huey.

G'day Huey

http://www.aquabaymarine.com.au/product.asp?id=65&pid=15

Mine isnt painted, otherwise identical, but I did pay a lot less than that. Shes got a 2007 30hp Tohatsu with aftermarket trim and that pushes her to 43km/h. I fitted her out with a full canopy, fishfinder, transom mount minn kota and teleflex gauge set for about $10,000 (includes new price of motor and tralier).

If your around my end of the world (lidcombe) let me know and you can have a sticky beak if interested.

Cheers

Daniel

G'day Huey

http://www.aquabaymarine.com.au/product.asp?id=65&pid=15

Mine isnt painted, otherwise identical, but I did pay a lot less than that. Shes got a 2007 30hp Tohatsu with aftermarket trim and that pushes her to 43km/h. I fitted her out with a full canopy, fishfinder, transom mount minn kota and teleflex gauge set for about $10,000 (includes new price of motor and tralier).

If your around my end of the world (lidcombe) let me know and you can have a sticky beak if interested.

Cheers

Daniel

Hi Daniel, I am glad you like your boat and I have seen and been in these and decided not to stock or sell them. Not sure why you replied to me, I was talking about a 4.80M glass boat not a 4.3M alloy boat and I hope you paid about $6K for your boat only because that is what it would be worth if I chose to stock and sell these boats.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Daniel, I am glad you like your boat and I have seen and been in these and decided not to stock or sell them. Not sure why you replied to me, I was talking about a 4.80M glass boat not a 4.3M alloy boat and I hope you paid about $6K for your boat only because that is what it would be worth if I chose to stock and sell these boats.

Cheers,

Huey.

Huey

Just sent you an email.

Cheers

Kilp

• 2 years later...