Daiwa Freams Slight Issue

Hi guys any advice would be appreciated on this.

I've got a Daiwa Freams 4000. 4 weeks old. Been used about 6 times. Anyway used it yesterday, no problems at all. Washed it after use. Anyway picked it up today and it seems a little stiff when winding it. However when I put it into reverse it was completely smooth, the way it should be.

I haven't taken it apart (not going to), but took the spool out. Everything looked fine. Well greased and dry.

Any ideas?

Kurt

Mount it backwards and run a pulley system from the end of the butt so the line comes through the guides as normal?

:074: HA HA HA

Too Good!

Send it off to Daiwa via a reputable tackle shop it will be sorted out under warranty.

Musty

I wont see it for 3 months

Thats what they were telling me in the tackle shop. Well not quite, i was told 6 weeks roughly but possibly longer. I ended up getting it serviced and returned to me in 4 weeks and the reel is as good as it was when i bought it.

I wonder if getting it serviced will Void the warranty?

HUH? :wacko:

mate if you stop playing silly buggers and send it off to Daiwa your issues going to be fixed free of charge without any effect on the rest of your warranty. I wouldnt go opening it up yourself unless your experienced and talking about it on the forum wont mysteriously fix the problem.

Send it off! In the mean time use other reels and You will have it back as good as new for the new year.

:074:

Musty