Aluminium hull, anti corrosion advice

Sheridan

A good wash down with fresh or soapy water is generally all that is required.

Is there is a specific area where the paint is bubbling or electrolysis is occuring ?

If so , that area requires seperate attention.

Nyalic is a clear resin coating that generally only needs to be applied once. If the boat has already been coated it should not require any further coats.

Have a look at this web site for further information

http://www.nyalic.com.au/nyalic.com.au/what_is_Nyalic.html

Geoff

A good wash down with fresh or soapy water is generally all that is required.

Is there is a specific area where the paint is bubbling or electrolysis is occuring ?

If so , that area requires seperate attention.

Nyalic is a clear resin coating that generally only needs to be applied once. If the boat has already been coated it should not require any further coats.

Have a look at this web site for further information

http://www.nyalic.com.au/nyalic.com.au/what_is_Nyalic.html

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your reply :)

I have been in touch with Nyalic, and he thinks she will be up for a "tarting up" with a fresh coat soon. There is only slight discolouration at the rear, but no bubbling at all - I definately want to keep her that way (I've always been compulsive for preventative maintenance... it can be a real hassle sometimes!) I have heard of alum bright (or something like that) that helps the silicone regrow over the surface?

LOL, just trying to sift good advice from the bad! Sucks when there are no wise family members to ask :wacko:

We hose her with fresh after each use. Soapy water is something we aren't doing, how often do you think this needs to be done? Every six months or so?

I really appreciate your help mate :)

We hose her with fresh after each use. Soapy water is something we aren't doing, how often do you think this needs to be done? Every six months or so?

Sheridan. I think the application of a product like Nyalic is one of personal choice.

Personnaly , considering the quality of paint on Alum boats it is not necessary on recreational trailer boats.

I note that from your previous post & this one there have been over 200 hits & no one has come back saying they use the product , also the photo gallery in the Nyalic web site mainly shows commerical boats.

It's your call.

Washing with soapy water , there is no specific time frame. Friends of mine do it after each outing , most just hose down.

Just ensure the motor & trailer receive the same attention as they are more vunerable than the boat.

Geoff

Sheridan. I think the application of a product like Nyalic is one of personal choice.

Personnaly , considering the quality of paint on Alum boats it is not necessary on recreational trailer boats.

I note that from your previous post & this one there have been over 200 hits & no one has come back saying they use the product , also the photo gallery in the Nyalic web site mainly shows commerical boats.

It's your call.

Washing with soapy water , there is no specific time frame. Friends of mine do it after each outing , most just hose down.

Just ensure the motor & trailer receive the same attention as they are more vunerable than the boat.

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I think you hit it on the nose :)

Thanks for the soapy water tip, I'll give her a wash down after the next outing.

The trailer has been a little neglected, I'll ensure it gets more attention from now on...

I think I might make inquiries as to joining a local fishing club :yahoo:

Thanks again, I know it can be frustrating when people are unsure on the how toos, but your advice has been invaluable :thumbup:

Cheers again

Sheridan

I use a cheapish Gernie which has a soap attachment.. Give it a good soap down then just water blast it off.. It really helps getting into all the hard spots on the trailer as well.

Edited by GaryO