Aus day Jewie - CC Bridge

Mr Squid

Purchased myself a Hobie Revolution for christmas and decided to put the yak in yesterday afternoon, 45 minutes of trying to get some livies resulted in 1 yakka. As the runout tided slowed pinned the yakka with a circle hook and slowly moved around the pylons. Just on 6pm the baitrunner came to life with theat sound we all like to hear. I must admit to a bit of chaos as this was the first decent fish on the yak, combined with the pylons, current and a few mooring lines. Finally had the fish to the side of the yak, no hand gaffe (need to remember to get one) but noticed the fish was well pinned in the corner of the mouth so i lifted him aboard. Nice way to break in the yak.

Squidy

post-11653-033358400 1327648673_thumb.jpg

Nice fish mate.

I have often contemplated slow trolling a live bait for a jew around my favourite spots but never have tried it. Would be tough to do in a 6m bout though. Good use of the yak and well played.

Did you get a size of him. he looks like somewhere between high 70s to 90 ?

Dave

1327712506[/url]' post='430481']

Nice fish mate.

I have often contemplated slow trolling a live bait for a jew around my favourite spots but never have tried it. Would be tough to do in a 6m bout though. Good use of the yak and well played.

Did you get a size of him. he looks like somewhere between high 70s to 90 ?

Dave

Didn't size him but around 70 cm would be a fair guide

1327751914[/url]' post='430545']

Hey Mr Squid,

Was that you I was chatting to before you launched near the sailing club? Nice way to break in the yak and a top jew! Bet you'll be down there again soon!

Hi Rob,

Yeh that was me, ended up being nice out there after all the boats stopped coming thru and your right I will be back there again. You should give the area a go with the poddies you catch there are some decent flathead around the bridge at times. Hopefully we can catch up for a session sometime.

Stewart

Hey Stew,

Top work again mate, great to see the first jew fall to the yak, I reckon their in serious trouble now you've got the system for yak figured.

Get that gaf sorted though, you'll be kicking yourself when you set hook in that 30kg model and you don't have it with you...

I still haven't been out since our last trip, might have to try and get out this weekend.

Rich