... and my hot streak continues

outdoordan

We got back from our Cod trip on Sunday night. Grant had no choice but to work the next day, so I made plans to go offshore with my good mate Greg, aka Browndog.

We loaded with livies in no time and went in search of a few kings. We found fish on the sounder but drift after drift our live offerings were refused. We were considering moving on when my borrowed Pro Blue Loomis loads to the weight of a good fish. Some how i wrestled the fish from the reef and towards the surface. Where it was met by Greg and some handy net work. It was a solid Estuary Cod of 86cm and 12kg-ish. We quickly released the fish as they are protected and it was such a beautiful specimen. Unfortunatly no consideration was given to taking a pic until the fish was returned to its domain, but it is vivid in my memory.

The plan was made to head a bit further out and drift a mark in 75m of water. Drift after drift produced nothing and were just starting to consider pulling the pin when the pro blue loads and line starts being stripped from the little Daiwa Capricon J. After a few minutes of heart in mouth stuff, i started to gain the upper hand and led the fish away from his reef. After a few more half hearted runs my PB Amberjack was gaffed and in the boat.

He went a healthy 95cm, and is yet another PB smashed in an unforgetable 2 weeks

post-1572-043934500 1329812580_thumb.jpg

Ahh, found it!!

Have I told you that you are an A/###### yet!!!

Even though it was a bit slow you still managed a couple of top fish. Nice of you too get them while I was working in 34c heat! :1badmood:

Well done on the 2 new p.b's, to go with the one on the w/end. :1yikes:

Shame my plane was delayed on Monday so we had to get on the piss at the airport! :beersmile::074:

Hope your mojo is still with you when you get back mate.

Cheers,

Grant.