Fantasic looking Shrimp / Prawn soft plastic

dhype

Just picked up a few of these little prawn imitation lures... the body is about 30mm in length and is made from a nice soft plastic.

Lets see how they go on the Botany bream population... i reckon they will do well on them along with a whole heap of other fish.

post-10545-066749900 1329883614_thumb.jpg

Anyone here use shrimp patterns other than the smelly Berkley shrimps?

Cheers

Trung

Just picked up a few of these little prawn imitation lures... the body is about 30mm in length and is made from a nice soft plastic.

Lets see how they go on the Botany bream population... i reckon they will do well on them along with a whole heap of other fish.

post-10545-066749900 1329883614_thumb.jpg

Anyone here use shrimp patterns other than the smelly Berkley shrimps?

Cheers

Trung

Have you tried squidgy stealth prawns with the risen head?

Have you tried squidgy stealth prawns with the risen head?

No haven't tried that one... Have used the gulp 2inch prawn in the past and done ok on them... But these day I try to avoid gulp ... Stink like...

They do look good, mind if I ask where you got them from or what they're called?

I got them from an online deal and they were cheap... I'll pm you some details

not from this mob... Got them for cheap posted....

Hi Trung, what sort of action do those imitation prawn provide or are they like a jerk bait that just requires the angler to provide the action? Have you tried them yet?

Cheers Paul

Hey Paul.. Have not tried it as yet but I assume the action will have to be imparted by the fisher person ... on the drop I would think the legs and antenna would flutter somewhat and give it a bit of life. I plan to head out this week for a flick... see how it goes then.

Trung

Edited by dhype

• 1 month later...

Hi Trung, any luck on these lures yet?

Tell you what I have not used them to yet!

I have been busy trying to learn the art of catching fish with hardbody lures in the last few weekends and finally nailed a few with an atomic hardz!! Have caught plenty of fish with SP in the past but have sucked at using hardbodies till now!! :thumbup:

My first fish on a hardbody... was only a small flatty but a few more better fish followed. Was happy with that :biggrin2:

post-10545-046572500 1335180218_thumb.jpg

I have boxes of bream and flatty hardbodies... might start using them now!

Cheers

Trung

• 4 weeks later...

Those are good looking prawns, I would fish them as light as you can go. Tackle craft prawns are hard to find but work well for me. I fish them on a worm hook and a steady retrieve will keep them on the surface for summer bream. Squidgy bugs are also good fished the same way. Fish around structure or over flats and if the fish follow just stop and wait... keep waiting if you can and they will get smashed. If you dont get any surface action just let them drift past or under structure without weight and just the rare twitch. I find this time of year i have to go smaller, fish deeper and slower but winter fish are normally good fish.