Busting My King Cherry

paddy69

Hey Raiders

Been a member now for a few years and love this site because I have learnt so much form fellow raiders. However, there is one thing I am still yet to do and that is to get onto a king fish - I haven't even had the chance to lose one yet. I have my own boat and go out most weekends in Botany Bay. I have trawled, I have burlied I have even prayed :-) But I am yet to catch a king fish.

If One of the mentors woukld be kind enough to help me out on a session - on my boat or theirs I would be happy to pay for bait fuel; etc....I just want to bring home a dream fish....or a rat at 65.5 cm.

Thanks Raiders

pat

Hey Raiders

Been a member now for a few years and love this site because I have learnt so much form fellow raiders. However, there is one thing I am still yet to do and that is to get onto a king fish - I haven't even had the chance to lose one yet. I have my own boat and go out most weekends in Botany Bay. I have trawled, I have burlied I have even prayed :-) But I am yet to catch a king fish.

If One of the mentors woukld be kind enough to help me out on a session - on my boat or theirs I would be happy to pay for bait fuel; etc....I just want to bring home a dream fish....or a rat at 65.5 cm.

Thanks Raiders

pat

Mate, the key to your first king is live squid!!! If you can get some live or dead (but only dead for an hour or so) you will get that first king... You could resort to yakkas but in the bay squid is the gun bait.

Get yourself a few japanese squid jigs, find some kelp, weed around bare island etc and once you get a few squid on board, the kings will come faster than you can say kingycherry!!! :yahoo:

Edited by one armed fisho