Honda 50hp tachometer + trim gauge help!

dhype

Hey guys

I have a Polycraft 455 with a 2003 Honda 50hp(BF50) that i purchased a few months back that came complete with none functioning tacho and trim/tilt gauge and a whole heap of electrical issues.

I have pretty much rebuilt the entire boat and have replace all the wiring etc and now it's time to get the above gauges sorted.

My question is... Does the gauges get power from the engine wiring loom directly or does it require a fused 12v rail direct off the cranking battery?

I am pretty handy with electronics/wiring but cannot get the 2 x gauges to work... The backlite works fine on the gauges when the engine ignitions turned on but the RPM and engine tilt angles do not work at all.

Attached is the wiring diagram I am referring to and the cables underneath the center console.

Any help would be great!

Thanks Trung

post-10545-035858500 1330602878_thumb.jpg

post-10545-017139900 1330602911_thumb.jpg

Edited by dhype

Trung, power feed to the gauges comes from the main loom coming from the engine.

I have exactly the same setup with BF50 and you are welcome to come and look if you wish.

Cheers, Russ.

Trung, power feed to the gauges comes from the main loom coming from the engine.

I have exactly the same setup with BF50 and you are welcome to come and look if you wish.

Cheers, Russ.

Thanks Russ

I'll give the gauges another go this weekend and if still no go i'll take you up on your offer! I live only a few minutes from your place!

Cheers

Trung

• 1 month later...