Pittwater Commercial Fishing Update

Some of you will be way ahead of me on this, but had a good chat to Andrew Tiede (Anglers Action Group) this afternoon. He expalained that the minister Katrina Hodgkinson will make a decision about commercial fishing in Pittwater in the next 2 weeks.......whether to shelve it, or give it more consideration and act. I'm sure many of you were among the 9000 people who signed the petition, and Andrew informs me the best action now is to email the minister (Katrina Hodgkinson) direct office@hodgkinson.minister.nsw.gov.au and cc Rob Stokes our local member pittwater@parliament.nsw.gov.au and voice your opinions.

I am told that less than 0.01% of NSW seafood comes from Pittwater, yet trawlers give Mackeral Beach and other places a working over 4 times a day.......they may collect 4 or 5 decent whiting and decimate a nursery. Other stories tell of 2000 juvenile jewies in a net in Broken Bay. So please Pittwater fishos, send an email, make some more noise......and any raiders who fish in protected waters, Botany Bay, the Harbour etc.....feel free to chime in.