Balmain Wharf

asDogs

Hey Fishraiders! I'm planning on having a flick down at Balmain wharf on saturday night, has anyone got any valuable information they can pass onto me :)

Fish available/ Baits used / Rigging set ups as I'm quite new to the game and hoping to catch some fish!

Hey Fishraiders! I'm planning on having a flick down at Balmain wharf on saturday night, has anyone got any valuable information they can pass onto me :)

Fish available/ Baits used / Rigging set ups as I'm quite new to the game and hoping to catch some fish!

Hey for balmain wharf i usually use nippers seem the best choice there and a normal rig up.

Goodluck

I was there last Saturday with my 4 year old son who loves a fish. Got there just before the peak of the high tide around 9 am Used peeled prawns on size 4 bait holder mustad hook, small running sinker to a swivel then 12 pound flouro leader. Cast it just a few meters out from the park on the left side of the ferry wharf. Had nibbles as soon as the bait hit bottom. caught heaps of small pinkies which entertained the little boy. One legal snapper was caught eventually which my little boy fought for a couple of minutes. All fish went back in.

Watch out for snags. There is weed and rock. In hind sight, should have tried floating a bait as well for some tailor or even a Bonnie.

All up it was good fun.