New boat! And thanks to Site sponsor

wacko

Hi everyone,

She's finally here!! I ordered a boat from the states just before Xmas 2011 and around 3 weeks ago it arrived here in Australia. :)

She's a 21ft Seacraft Centre Console with a 225HP Mercury outboard, complete with aluminium trailer and hydrolic brakes.

I've been looking at these particular hulls for a long time beforehand....... and the time was right when this boat popped-up for sale.

I called BillyD from Sportsfishing Boats and got the ball rolling.......the boat was literally just listed so we were first up for price negotiations......and the rest is history...

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank our Site sponsor, BillyD Sportsfishing Boats.Com.Au

Billy was awesome throughout the whole process......he made sure the paperwork was up to spec....got the boat wrapped and packed professionally in the USA......kept me updated for all stages of the import.....he even drove down to Port Kembla with me to make sure the boat could be towed safely home ( I don't think this is a standard thing though, so please check first)

I sourced the boat myself and got Billy to organise the 'back-end' stuff for import......

All went very smooth and it took around 1.5 months to get here....... about the only hard part of it all was parting with the cash and wondering if the boat you just 'bought' sight-unseen is gonna check out ok.....

And on that note I might add......please do your research, choose carefully........my boat was in excellent nick for it's age (2001), but there was a guy next to us down at Port Kembla and the boat he just imported, was trashed and did'nt look too good......you could see the dissapointment in his face.....

If you have any questions about anything (Hulls,Boat size, import, costs etc etc) Pm me, I'd be happy to share the info that I now know.........or better still, call or PM BillyD, he'll be more than happy to 'fill you in'. :)

I would also like to thank a couple of 'Raiders that helped me with the boat so far......these being:

Snap-per (Nick).....This guy is a master electrician and helped me out with re-wiring the boat(after T-top reassembled) and trailer etc etc........not to mention he's an all round good bloke and great fun to fish with!! Thanks Nick!!!

Salmon Hunter (Bill)......What an absolute champ! Bill organised an engine service/tech and water tested the boat a couple of times while I was at work during the week...... I guess he's also super keen to get the boat ocean ready for more marlin and kingy sessions!!! Thank Bill!!!

I'm stoked with my purchase and am looking forward to many fishy sessions in the new tub!!! :)

Cheers everyone, come say g'day if you see us on the water.....boat name "Honey II"....... normally hang out on vhf channel 67 or 21....

Wacko.

Heres a couple of pics......

post-13416-045949000 1331563621_thumb.jpg

post-13416-040743800 1331563640_thumb.jpg

post-13416-032225000 1331563655_thumb.jpg

post-13416-002657900 1331563680_thumb.jpg

post-13416-044384800 1331564451_thumb.jpg

Edited by wacko

Jack your very welcome!!!Any time

Mate its a pleasure to have you as a fishing mate,and thats what friends are for.

Cant wait to get some PB records on that boat,shes a rippa!!

Your a top bloke Jack!!and id like to thank you to for everything youve taught me and all the memorable

laughs and fishin trips weve had.

By the way!! some quality photos there!!Who took them?haha

Edited by SNAP-ER