George's river tonight

Mr.KingSpooled

Hey raiders,

I've been itching all week to go for an Arvo fish but work has kept me back later then expected!

But today oh yes today I will be hitting the water !

I'm plannin on launching from Flower Power in Chipping norton and jus driving up to try n find some where to fish !

Has anyone fished the Georges river recently with results ?

If so do u mind mentioning where abouts or what techniques and rigs where used !!

So excited to wet a line !!

Cheers raiders,

Jeremy

Hey raiders,

I've been itching all week to go for an Arvo fish but work has kept me back later then expected!

But today oh yes today I will be hitting the water !

I'm plannin on launching from Flower Power in Chipping norton and jus driving up to try n find some where to fish !

Has anyone fished the Georges river recently with results ?

If so do u mind mentioning where abouts or what techniques and rigs where used !!

So excited to wet a line !!

Cheers raiders,

Jeremy

hey i havent fished it till before all that flooding, use to fish at picnic point landbased though, let us know how you go?

Goodluck

Dead as !! Water looks like a chocolate thick shake with floating bits of fudge !!

Even my usual bream spot which always produces proofed me wrong about always !!

1 eel = shit fish

Not happy,

Jeremy

You got out there at least, things will pick up!!!!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

3-4 times a week, Damn your doing well!!!!!!

When my Mr's was overseas I was the Same now I dont even have time to Scratch my you know what!!!

She will always let me go out, But makes me feel guilty maybe that's just my conscience not sure but one things for certain I am getting back out there in the next couple of weeks!! Just bought a new reel and need to blood it on something worthwhile!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

Has anyone been fishing further downstream on the Georges recently?

I know's been raining like crazy, but I really need to get out, haven't been out for over a month and a half!

I'm planning to fish between Como and Tarren Point, and tips, hints, advice will be much appreciated, PM also welcomed :thumbup:

cheers.

Guest Aussie007

we fished the georges river yesterday for a fat 0 not even a bite the river was like a floating land fill rubbish everywhere we tried targeting eddies and slower moving waters but the junk just piled up there i use to fish the georges river weekly as a kid growing up it was polluted back than and now its just horrible a couple of days ago i searched youtube for "fishing georges river" and seen a guy actually cooking a flatty he caught at picnic point on the bbq to eat this is crazy :1yikes:

we fished the georges river yesterday for a fat 0 not even a bite the river was like a floating land fill rubbish everywhere we tried targeting eddies and slower moving waters but the junk just piled up there i use to fish the georges river weekly as a kid growing up it was polluted back than and now its just horrible a couple of days ago i searched youtube for "fishing georges river" and seen a guy actually cooking a flatty he caught at picnic point on the bbq to eat this is crazy :1yikes:

Where abouts on the Georges did you fish gaz?

Guest Aussie007

we fished the slower water around the lambeth park area picnic point we tried mickeys point and along the south side from mickeys point to the bridge at alfords point we also tried inbetween alfords point and salt pan creek these spots use to produce little bream now there is nothing

Guest Aussie007

Well i can forget a flick in Chippo anytime soon, there goes that idea. Hate chocolate milk water.

Mick

mick the water is that bad when the sun was shining on the water i thought i was driving into shallow water even tho i know the area lol

Well that settles my plan for the weekend......looks like I will have to fish Woolooware Bay again.

yup - thats were i will be headed on sunday cuz saturday is blowing a gale !

I was fishing around towra last week and there were plenty of flatties to 75cm on plastics...

Can't wait... its been to long between wetting a line...

Trung

yup - thats were i will be headed on sunday cuz saturday is blowing a gale !

I was fishing around towra last week and there were plenty of flatties to 75cm on plastics...

Can't wait... its been to long between wetting a line...

Trung

Hi Trung, If you see a blue stessco side console boat on Sunday come over and say hi....I think I will be concentrating on the oyster racks in Woolooware Bay.

cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Fished the Georges on the weekend armed with the freshest prawns I could find and some prawn berly !!

Managed to hook 9 thumper bream and boated 6 due to my brothers poor netting skills !! Also a few decent whiting caught n released and suspecting one decent Jew that smoked me on 6lb bream/whiting gear !!

So yeah I think the George's is coming back to life !! I fished from deep water down to Como !! Yes I did a fair bit of exploring and anchoring and drifting to find the fish but was worth it in the end !!

Nice work mate! I'm still yet to explore Como myself, did you fish the Como Bridge at all?

I didn't fish the bridge as such but I fished near the bridge going in towards the woronora river !! Near some oyster leases I think they where and over some sand banks that flowed into the channel !! Thats where the better bream whee caught on the outgoing tide

Awesome, will give it a go in the next few months perhaps. And slowly head out to Botany :thumbup: baby steps!

Mate I'm keen on doing a breambo session this afternoon when I finish work !! I'll launch from flower power chipping norton n head from there !! Gonna go in search of some bream n maybe put some bigger sp"a out for a Jew !! Ur more then welcome to come along mate !! Ill be going on my own do a partner in crime wouldn't hurt !! But let me know though

Cant tonight brother, I'm getting ready and packing for a Melb trip, spending Easter down there.

But definitely keen to join ya in the next couple of months dude, I'm still yet to christen the Tcurve haha

I'll PM ya when I get back, and when the weather allows :biggrin2:

Yeah mate too easy keep us updated n we can tee up a session !!

Enjoy your trip to Melbourne !! Can get good snapper down there in port Philip bay to u lucky bastard !!

Cya when ya get back mate !!