BEST SP AT BRIGHTON?

Hey guys im a land based fisherman on brighton le sands and have just decided to move from bait to soft plastics as i dont have enough time to fish with bait anymore. i've tried a few different soft plastics and have had alot of bites with gulp minnows and prawns but the problem is that there not hooking up or the tail is getting bitten off. Is there something wrong im doing?

Furthermore, iv'e heard about all of the success people get on flathead at botany bay but for some reason i have never caught one of the shore! Any tips and advice on that will be appreciated.

My last question will be soft plastics for whiting and bream. are popper lures good???

Thanks guys and hopefully with your advice i can catch a big fish:p

yay!!! today i caught 4 flathead 1 snapper. All within 30 minutes although they were all small. After that half an hour the tail of my plastic was getting bitten off again......

All in all it was still a fun day and can't wait to try using poppers tommorow

common guys dont be shy.....

mate i use either the 65mm or 80mm paddletails of the beach at ramsgate. I find if you concentrate around the roynes you will find the flatties are hanging around there.

With plastics its a matter of casting into a spot a number of times and moving down the beach until you find them.

For bream and whiting try using Squidgie Wrigglers in Bloodworm colour. I've had success on whiting with the 65 and 80mm sizes, and bream on the 80 and 100mm sizes. Squidgie products are also a little tougher than Gulp, but you will still have them tailed eventually.

If you're targetting bream and whiting make sure you drop your jig head down to 1/32-1/8 range with quite small hook sizes. You'll still catch flathead, but you'll have a better chance using little, lightly weighted heads.

I've also tried Z-Man plastics (but only big 5" ones) and they're definately much more durable. If you get some make sure you do store them seperate to any other plastics you have, I accidently left a Squidgie in the same compartment as some Z-Mans and came back a few days later to find a strange chemical goop in one compartment of my tackle tray. The Squidgie had gone stiff and the Z-mans had melted. Weird.