tails getting bitten off

hey guys went fishing today, i was using 2" gulp prawns on a 1/8 size 2 hook jighead. I got alot of bites but kept getting the tail bitten off. Like around 50 times:D :ranting2: i got real pissed off and decided to call it a day. i really need help on this, it will be aprreciated. Do u rekon my hooks arent long enough? COuld it be a bream,tailor, pufferfish or any of that stuff? Any way to fix it will be greatly appreciated ty guys

Tight lines :fishing1:

yeah get out of there or itl cost you a fortune lol,

if i mean when you come across the buggers again try a metal slice lure on ultra light gear for a bit of fun,

or stop casting for 10 mins or so with the plastics and hopefully theyl have moved on when you get back into it.

Mate ur lure being 2 inch won't get noticed out there I reckon 4 inch minnow or 5 inch shad

That really depends on what you're fishing for. If you're chasing bream then a 5 inch shad is too big. You might get an over zealous fish, but you'd have heaps more success with a 2 inch lure. Chasing Jews or kings is a different story though.

As for the tails being bitten off, almost certainly chopper tailor or toadies. It happens a lot with that kind of fishing.

That really depends on what you're fishing for. If you're chasing bream then a 5 inch shad is too big. You might get an over zealous fish, but you'd have heaps more success with a 2 inch lure. Chasing Jews or kings is a different story though.

As for the tails being bitten off, almost certainly chopper tailor or toadies. It happens a lot with that kind of fishing.

His chasi g fatties from Brighton to Ramsgate the ones there love big lures

The other option when chucking 2 inch placcy's and getting tails chomped could be to use 'Spines'. I've never used them but they have a hidden weight inserted in the plastic and the hooks trails at the tail. If you google Spines Jigheads you will find em....

• 1 month later...