North Durras - Next week

paddy69

Hey Raiders

taking the family down to North Durras next weekend for a week and personally I can not wait:biggrin2:

I will be taking the boat and my surf gear....I have never surf fished before or in this area can anyone give me advice and idea of what surf rig I should be using?

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks guys. I will be fishing for whiting off the beach and flatheads in the lake....In the Clyde River I will be targeting flathead and maybe a Jewie if the wife lets me out after dark :-) I can't wait to get down there!

i was there a couple of weeks ago,we fished both north durras and the clyde river,we got a few legal flatties and lots of undersize flatties,we used blades,vibes and soft plastics.water was pretty dirty might haved cleared by now.

a couple of locals we spoke to at north durras said they got a heap of bream and whiting on live nippers

Durras is full of flathead at the moment.

I was there on the weekend throwing surface lures around in ankle deep water for whiting scored a few with the better half catching a nice bream in ankle deep water. Didnt take any plastics with me as flathead are so easy to catch down there.You could catch them on a sinker with a slice of onion bag tied to it.They are that easy. Trust me it works. :biggrin2: If your staying at North D start around the boat ramp.But get there early as it was standing room only last weekend.

The beach front had some good gutters out the front of Lakesea caravan park dont know about North D as i didnt cross the entrance.

Good luck

Rich