Fishing the upper georges Sunday

After reading iMicks report and seeing his awesome bass from the georges river early last week, Basscatcher and I decided to shoot him a pm and orgainised to meet up with him and cheder early sunday morning (changing the time after forgetting it was daylight savings). Launching the boat we headed up stream in hopes of getting a few bess and our first in the georges. Basscatcher was first too hook up with a smaller bass, but his first in the georges so he was pretty happy. After basscatcher landed his bass on a spinnerbait, i decided switched over to a lighter 1/8oz model and it wasnt long until i hooked onto a great 38cm bass that fought well above its weight, she was a really solid bass and an awesome sign for years to come.

As the day went on we worked various spots downstream all the way to east hills in search for a jewie or some bream, unfortunately niether fish wanted to play hanging around for the slack tide, basscatcher hooked up to a luderick that took a 3 inch plastic aimed at jewies.... very strange result but definantly put up a good fight.

Not much other action than this and was a pretty slow day with some good fish.

I would like to thank iMick and cheder for coming out and showing us some great spots for bass, bream, jewie and EP on the river and it was good to meet up with some more raiders, hopefully we can hit up more trips with some more productive results.

Cheers Bassboy

PS will add photos later this arvo when i can get to them.

It was nice to meet you and Paul. Shame the fishing wasn't red hot, I suspected it wouldn't be, but at least you got what you came for... a solid Bass @ 380 to the fork.

Sadly, Che and I got a Krispy Kreme, but that's fishing, and we still had fun.

Look forward to doing it again someday.

Edited by iMick

It was nice to meet you and Paul. Shame the fishing wasn't red hot, I suspected it wouldn't be, but at least you got what you came for... a solid Bass @ 380 to the fork.

Sadly, Che and I got a Kripy Kreme, but that's fishing, and we still had fun.

Look forward to doing it again someday.

Mick and Che - great to meet you both and thanks for showing us the upper saltwater reaches of the Georges River. Bass boy and I will be exploring it a whole lot more.

I was so excited when I hooked that Luderick as I thought it was a jewie and was very surprised when a Luderick appeared from the murky water........despite the disappointment the fish has improved my Luderick PB by 1cm.

Edited by Basscatcher

Chippo and surrounds do offer some good fishing on it's day, and I think it's fair to say that over time the fishing will improve.

I fish the place often, and I'll PM you if I hear of a good Bass or Jew bite.

Chippo and surrounds do offer some good fishing on it's day, and I think it's fair to say that over time the fishing will improve.

I fish the place often, and I'll PM you if I hear of a good Bass or Jew bite.

Thanks Mick.

Well done on the nice 38cm bass, Bassboy! They really go once they are at that length - and if fat & healthy, can be fun to land! THat's a very nice fat blackie too, Basscatcher!! Very nice of IMick to show you the ropes, so to speak!

Any time on the water is good!

cheerio

ROberta