Greenwhich - Monster bream

zaki10

Went to greenwhich last night saturday 15th got there around 2am just before the run in by 2 hours. I got my squid jig out and started flicking it to get some squid nothing at all turns out they were more interested in the pink than the orange yamashita I was using, finally after 3 hours of trying I changed the colour and got a nice sized squid! Rigged him up on the 12ft rod and sent him straight out, the rod sat there for a good hour until I started getting massive bites I was hoping for a jewie to be on there but instead it got nibbled to nothing turns out there is monster bream around there because one guy near me pulled one out around 32cm or bigger so next time I go there I'll be sure to take some chicken and rig one rod up with a smaller hook to get those buggers up =] anyways just thought I would post this to give everyone the heads up about that place enjoy fishers! And get out there ASAP.

hey dude well done on the bream.

i know what u mean about that place holding monster bream, if i ever enter a bream comp in the harbour thats my first stop lol

the oysters that are encrusted on the jetty is probably what is attracting them

Haha definitely I think your right about the oyster bay because there are some oysters building up on the rocks near the jetty bream is acceptable in my books so they must count themselves a lucky fish haha although I would of loved a jewfish that night but anyways all the best if you enter a comp and thanks for commenting :)

Went to greenwhich last night saturday 15th got there around 2am just before the run in by 2 hours. I got my squid jig out and started flicking it to get some squid nothing at all turns out they were more interested in the pink than the orange yamashita I was using, finally after 3 hours of trying I changed the colour and got a nice sized squid! Rigged him up on the 12ft rod and sent him straight out, the rod sat there for a good hour until I started getting massive bites I was hoping for a jewie to be on there but instead it got nibbled to nothing turns out there is monster bream around there because one guy near me pulled one out around 32cm or bigger so next time I go there I'll be sure to take some chicken and rig one rod up with a smaller hook to get those buggers up =] anyways just thought I would post this to give everyone the heads up about that place enjoy fishers! And get out there ASAP.

was there much squid around when you changed your jig?

was there much squid around when you changed your jig?

Yer a guy pulled out six descent sizes ones but they are right at the bottom bring with you a colour that could compensate for the murky water round there and you should have luck. =]