Cooking squid

Nolongeramember

Every time I fry squid pieces it spits and crackles like crazy and I end up getting burnt from the oil. I try turn the heat down and it helps but still no good. Put a lid over the top, but still need to remove it to turn them over and get burnt again. Any tips for this?

Every time I fry squid pieces it spits and crackles like crazy and I end up getting burnt from the oil. I try turn the heat down and it helps but still no good. Put a lid over the top, but still need to remove it to turn them over and get burnt again. Any tips for this?

The trick is you only need to cook it for about 10 seconds at max heat, the flesh will be soft and delicious and there is not much time for the oil to spit.

The trick is you only need to cook it for about 10 seconds at max heat, the flesh will be soft and delicious and there is not much time for the oil to spit.

could also be because they are wet?

the oil boils any moisture which is what could be causing the spitting oil...

dry on paper towel before placing them in...

OP - are you deep frying or shallow frying???

Edited by user1829

could also be because they are wet?

the oil boils any moisture which is what could be causing the spitting oil...

dry on paper towel before placing them in...

OP - are you deep frying or shallow frying???

Shallow fry. Ill try drying better before cooking, never thought of that thanks.

Hi Roylo,

I cut my squid open so it becomes one open piece then slice (not right through & after cleaning) a thin chris cross like pattern over it. The cuts about 1/2 cm apart. Then I cut it up into small pieces about 5cm x 3cm (roughly)& mix lemon pepper seasoning through it & then cook it on a hot bbq plate with just enough oil to prevent it sticking.