Nepean River - Macarthur region

jojazz2

Hi Guys,

I have just gotten back into my fishing (it's been a while) and am trying to find some decent land based fishing spots around the Macarthur region. I have tried Menangle (just past the weir) and down Camden under the bridge but don't seem to have much luck.

I have a range of SP's and a few hard bodied lures.

Wondering if anyone has any local knowledge of the area and knows any decent spots? Also specific speices I might try and target and what gear to use.

Cheers,

Jojazz.

The two spots you mentioned all produce ive had success at both mainly with lipless crankbaits for bass also some monster carp inhabit both regions bread berley and unweighted bread and corn kernel for bait they can be fun to catch the same technique with a size 12 hook can tempt the mullet as well.As for other spots look closer to camden airport and dont forget the upper Georges river especially if you dont mind a bit of bushwalking Google maps will your best friend here to find access.I have found in the upper reaches of both rivers patience is vital sometimes hours of casting with no results can change in a heart beat.I had a session recently looking like no action, decided to give it another 15 minutes which resulted in 3 30cm bass on a yellow lipless crankbait dead slow retrieve casting to open water.Good luck might c u out and about one day.