Are yellow tail (yakkas) king fish?

zaki10

Hey guys just thought I would post this because I have been brain f*cked by it literally 4 people I have come across speaking about yellow tails or also known as yakkas have said that they grow to be king fish is this true? My opinion is that they are two different species I just want to see what everyone on here thinks and if what these people are saying is actually true!

They are different, Yellow Tails or Yakkas are actually called Yellowtail Scad. The Yellowtail Kingfish is a sub species from the Yellowtail Amberjack.

Scientifically they are in the same family, however they are not the same species at all.

They are different, Yellow Tails or Yakkas are actually called Yellowtail Scad. The Yellowtail Kingfish is a sub species from the Yellowtail Amberjack.

Scientifically they are in the same family, however they are not the same species at all.

Thanks heaps that helped alot to prove them wrong haha I knew I was right the whole time but they just wanted to argue it oh wells thanks everyone all your post helped and I appreciate them all :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...