I NEED A MENTOR - Hacking & Botany Bay

ambergygi

Hello fellow raiders,

Most of my fishing has been done on rivers in the USA where I went to university. I would really like to get into fishing local estuaries (Port Hacking & Botany Bay) and also some deep sea. I am pretty much a novice in salt water and want to really improve so I can help my son who has caught the fishing bug (must be in the blood). Any help would be much appreciated.

Your name: Johno (my nickname)

Your Location: Sutherland Shire (Port Hacking & Botany Bay). Will travel to fish!

Fishing technique: Kingfish, Jew Fish, Snapper, Whiting, Bream, Blackfish, Flathead. I want to learn as much as possible.

Availability: Monday, Wednesday (mornings), Saturday, Sunday

Preferred location: Port Hacking, Botany Bay, & local FAD's

Provide your own gear? Have small stuff for estuary but would like to get a nice rig for kingy's etc

Provide your own boat? Yes - Brooker 410 fisherman (Tinny)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Johno

Edited by Johno44

Hello fellow raiders,

Most of my fishing has been done on rivers in the USA where I went to university. I would really like to get into fishing local estuaries (Port Hacking & Botany Bay) and also some deep sea. I am pretty much a novice in salt water and want to really improve so I can help my son who has caught the fishing bug (must be in the blood). Any help would be much appreciated.

Your name: Johno (my nickname)

Your Location: Sutherland Shire (Port Hacking & Botany Bay). Will travel to fish!

Fishing technique: Kingfish, Jew Fish, Snapper, Whiting, Bream, Blackfish, Flathead. I want to learn as much as possible.

Availability: Monday, Wednesday (mornings), Saturday, Sunday

Preferred location: Port Hacking, Botany Bay, & local FAD's

Provide your own gear? Have small stuff for estuary but would like to get a nice rig for kingy's etc

Provide your own boat? Yes - Brooker 410 fisherman (Tinny)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Johnno

when are you free mate ?

If you want to learn about luderick, Paul and myself usually hit the estuaries aboutthis time of year Port, Georges and Harbour. Dend me a PM if interested, what did you fish the rivers for over there by the way/

Edited by luderick -angler

If you want to learn about luderick, Paul and myself usually hit the estuaries aboutthis time of year Port, Georges and Harbour. Dend me a PM if interested, what did you fish the rivers for over there by the way/

I am very interested! Will send you a PM. thanks for being so prompt.

I lived in Utah, California, and Oregon. I used to fly fish for Brownd and Rainbow Trout. Would fish Provo River and on occasion the Rivers in Idaho. I loved hiking up into the Uintas Mountains to fish in high altitude lakes. My husband and I had our Honeymoon in Alaska where I landed a 78 & 67 lb Halibut. We also did a lot of fishing for King Salmon in Homer Alaska.

Kind regards,

Johno

Awesome, something I must do isfish New york State for the massive browns that reside in those streams then head for the Colorado region, last stop Tierra Del Feugo.........trout trout and more trout

I'll be in Colorado for 6 weeks in June & July. Have family there who are big on fishing. So excited.

• 3 weeks later...
1337991018[/url]' post='444693']

P1010019%5B1%5D.jpg

New boat is here and perhaps some dry weather allmost ready to hit the water i hope we can get out agin soon when its not wet!!

Anything just shy of a hurricane would be better weather. Give a shout when you are ready to go.

Regards,