Fishing off general Holmes drive near airport?

zaki10

Hey guys contemplating on going fishing right near the air port where the boat ramp is just off general Holmes drive. Just wanted to post this up to see if anyone has been down there to fish and if they have caught anything at all please do reply if you have as it would be a massive heads up before I get out there! I'm going to be using squid, pilchards and prawns for smaller species although I'm targeting jewfish around there. Can anyone suggest anything to take or a certain place I should fish and maintain my spot? If so I would like to here what you all think :) thank you heaps raiders.

Are you talking about the new new boat ramp on foreshore rd? There is signs saying no fishing right along the breakwall. Don't know how far the no fishing area extends as i was going to fish the eastern side. There's also security there so if you do fish there they might move you along.

Mate if you want to fish around that area, fish on the south side of the the cooks river bridge at Kyeemagh. There's a breakwall there and people have caught all species including kings from this breakwall. there's a truck load of parking there too... but the boat traffic through there can get a bit annoying at times because the entrance to the cooks river is quite narrow.

Mate if you want to fish around that area, fish on the south side of the the cooks river bridge at Kyeemagh. There's a breakwall there and people have caught all species including kings from this breakwall. there's a truck load of parking there too... but the boat traffic through there can get a bit annoying at times because the entrance to the cooks river is quite narrow.

Thanks heaps mate be sure to check it out are the rocks safe to fish off at night time? I'm gonna go all night till the break of dawn target jewfish and kingies if I can :)

Thanks heaps mate be sure to check it out are the rocks safe to fish off at night time? I'm gonna go all night till the break of dawn target jewfish and kingies if I can :)

You should be right, just watch out for the big rats that live in the rocks.

Do people hook many large fish in this area ?

you have to pick your days, but generally few and far between, the simple fact is to many people fish there and a good percentage aren't educated in regulations regarding minimum sizes and bag limits...

But make no mistake, good fish can be caught in this area.

Fishingphase

You should be right, just watch out for the big rats that live in the rocks.

Haha they're not an issue lol I'll just catch rats if I don't get fish LOL! Thanks for the heads up matey.

Thanks heaps for that mate but yer don't worry my small under sized fish always go back I hate people who keep them or you take a look in their buckets and they have a small bloody bream to take home it f*cking kills me and just makes me want to throw them back in!

• 4 weeks later...

I really doubt there is any good fish around that area, i have never caught or seen anyone catch big fish from over there, with that being said i have never actually used squid or pilchards there, but have used some plastics for flathead but have only caught baby ones. Just a heads up, you also cannot eat any fish around there as the waters there are heavily polluted. I shall try having a flick with pillys or squid in the near future and ill tell u how i go.

Are you talking about the new new boat ramp on foreshore rd? There is signs saying no fishing right along the breakwall. Don't know how far the no fishing area extends as i was going to fish the eastern side. There's also security there so if you do fish there they might move you along.

You are talking about a different area mate.