OMFG! Can it get any worst than this ?

dhype

I don't need to say anything else....

I almost died when i looked back to find this.... perfectly parked!

post-10545-010296200 1336538182_thumb.jpg

Oh .. there is also some very good kings in the bay! :thumbup:

post-10545-017908100 1336538202_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

I cant believe how fast the word/pictures got around of this....

Thanks to everyone who messaged/called

Brickman/Gary !! I'll be calling you soon for a welding job on my winch post!

Trung

Edited by dhype

Damn that hurts ... what is the brand of the trailer? And yes it couldve been much worse. At least you had your engine tilted up and your boat didnt fall on top of a Ferrari.

Edited by Dangas

Damn that hurts ... what is the brand of the trailer? And yes it couldve been much worse. At least you had your engine tilted up and your boat didnt fall on top of a Ferrari.

+1

Things could always be worse!!! Least you got a good fish Trung! :biggrin2:

feel for you mate.

I use to always tow mu boat around with out a strap over the back of it holding it down to the trailer. But I wont be doing that any more....

Lucky it wasn't a fiberglass boat.

Was it the bolts that hold the winch to the upright post that failed?

Edited by Cheap Charlie

I had to look at that a few times. I was thinking why Dident you just put the boat in the water while you worked on the trailer.

Hope fully the boats ok.

Oh year nice king

feel for you mate.

I use to always tow mu boat around with out a strap over the back of it holding it down to the trailer. But I wont be doing that any more....

Lucky it wasn't a fiberglass boat.

It happened after you went fishing I take it?

Murphy will tell you that when you don't use the back strap, you will be sorry.

I feel for you, Hope you are insured Trung!

That would have to hurt!

I hope it do too much damage but also interested to see how the POLY held up to the punishment if it did damage how do they repair - I was looking at buying a poly at one stage and that was the 2 questions the prevented me from buying.

From what I have heard, those poly boats are meant to be quite a tuff hull. If i read the post right, The boat came off after taking of from the lights? If so the boat would have came of at relatively low speed. I recall reading some where about Polly boats and the ability to be able to fix gauges etc by reheating the plastic and manipulating it. I would not be surprised to hear this boat is still water tight.

Murphy will tell you that when you don't use the back strap, you will be sorry.

I feel for you, Hope you are insured Trung!

The boat was strapped down at the rear but that failed too! You can see one end of the strap on the ground next to the nose of the boat... whats the chances hey..

Boat fully insured but looking over it there is next to no damage to the polycraft... just a few grazes on the bottom that will come out with a heatgun/sandpaper

The engine was tilted up so is all good there. The transducer all popped up so they are ok too.

Here is the winch mount that failed:

post-10545-057789900 1336542732_thumb.jpg

The police and a bloke who lived near by was very helpful and they all assisted me getting the boat back on the trailer after i did "macgyver" job with the trailer/winch.

A tow truck arrived in about 30 seconds and didn't know what to do !! :biggrin2:

Trung

I take it you didn't win any thing in the 70 million loto draw neither..

To have both the winch and the strap fail is mighty unlucky.

I guess we all can learn from this and take into consideration how good a job the items we use to hold our boats onto our trailers.

A good method that a lot of ski boats use is an eye bolt is mounted to the back of the hull down low and has a corresponding location on the trailer also using a turn buckle to pull it all together.

How did the Police view the incident? try to fine you for an unsecured load or any thing like that?

Mate that sucks lucky you didn't take anyone out.

As a someone who doesn't own a boat i'm curious as to why you wouldn't have it strapped to the trailer? Surely it's common sense to tie it down rather than relying on that single point of contact, or am I way off track on this?

Ben

Guest hawkesbass

Ouch that could off ended worse than it did a timely reminder for all that maintanence needs to be done on the trailer aswell as the boat

Man oh man that must sux ,i was looking at you today in that polycraft at moli-point downrigging and was having a discusion with my mate on what a great setup fishing rig you you have. I was in the Blue BC and only managed 2 salmon ,trev,s, and a rat king in that spot. Hope your boat is ok.

Could have been worse Trung. You could have been driving along when it fell off, the boat sliding along the road and then into a Ferrari or Lamborghini!

At least you managed one nice fish.

Yowie.

post-13219-018728100 1336555408_thumb.jpgpost-13219-027177600 1336555436_thumb.jpgTrung you are a lucky fellow,hard to break them polys,

I nearly had your kingy for tea tonight...lol

and your boat on the back of my truck...asked the lady cop IF

I culd put it on my truck,she just laughed,I have a crane on my truck and

I told her I luv fishin...did notice the fishraider sticker on the back.

i'm glad it all ended up well,not to much damage.

I have a couple photo's but having trouble uploding them.

help needed

Edited by Poddy