Single hooks on divers

G'day raiders

With tuna season upon us again I'm looking at upgrading my deep divers to singles hooks from trebles.

I'm starting with my x-rap lures 20 and 30footers and was looking for info on hook brand and split ring sizes/brands.

I was thinking 4-6/0 hooks. Thanks in advance guys

Cheers Leo

good question, im looking for the same,

im looking at decoy seargent n hooks or shogun vipers, from a WELL known tackle SupplY Store

with a reverse eye so they run right with one split ring. or you can go a kevlar jig loop type set up, but there are some lengths to check out if you care about IGFA rules.

might be worth looking into some victorian information.

Thanks. I'll check them out.

I was pretty hesitant to use Kevlar loops due to the fact the hook position isn't set. Have you used them before? The extra flexibility would be great for a long battle, but is it as good for hook setting?

Cheers Leo

I was pretty hesitant to use Kevlar loops due to the fact the hook position isn't set. Have you used them before?

Cheers Leo

no, i havent used any of the above, though the hooks are designed for the purpose, and ive seen the loops on some big fish caught by alastair mcglashan. rear hook, not sure about the mid mount hooks.

Yeah come to think of it I have seen him using them as well. Guess the only way to find out is try a few of both and see what works best in the spread.

Cheers Leo