Looking for a Mentor - Sydney Middle harbour and out the heads

Bruce B

Greetings Fishraiders.

My boat partner and I are looking for a mentor who is willing to share some of their hard earned experience and time with us. The two of us bought a 4.9 m Stacer last year, and have been learning the art of recreational fishing through reading as many articles, books and many posts on our site. We have come a long way from "knowing very little" to possibly "knowing little". We have really enjoyed the journey. We manage to usually take home a feed for ourselves, but would really like to up our game!

We typically launch from Tunks Park at North Bridge, and would like some help on how to catch live baits in the middle harbour area, as well as how to fish the harbour and around the North and South Head, as we poke our boat out in fair weather typically North to Manly and South to Bondi.

So far we haven't been successful in catching any live bait, so we need some help here, and outside the heads we have had some wonderful times catching Bonnies and a few Kings on lures. Our reef fishing has had limited success and a couple of lost anchors!!

Weekends are the best time for us, as we both are committed to corporate life during the week... Ahh the joys of corporate life.... and both have families with young kids, so Mums usually give us a leave pass on the weekends for a morning.

Just wanting to learn the ropes, and really hope some of the Raiders would be willing to share a bit of their hard earned experience and time with us.

Hoping some knowledge is willing to be shared with some eager newbies.

Regards

Bruce

Hey guys I'll be fishing out of tunks park when the new boat arrives, more than happy to take u guys out and show u some spots for lives, squid, kingies etc just PM me and we can share details...

Hi Burnsy 74.. Thanks so much.... Looking forward to you getting your new boat, and learning a lot.

Cheers

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Gday Bruce. I'm only new to this site but this section caught my eye.

I fish the harbour regularly (3-5 times a week) mostly chasing kings. I Dont have my own boat yet. But i am more then happy to come out with you and put you onto some fish and teach you everything I can.

Let me know if your interested.