Roberta hits 5000 posts

I just noticed that Roberta has passed the 5000 post milestone. :thumbup:

You are now a Blue Marlin Roberta!!!

Congrats on a reaching that level & thank you for all of your input, advice & great pics.

You've helped plenty of Raiders that visit Forster, made plenty of offline friends & are a credit to the site.

It's been great to see you go from a relative novice to an accomplished fisherwoman.

Well done & thanks again.

Cheers,

Grant.

WOW! Thanks guys - I didn't even realise it myself!!! tease.gif I was still 30 off, last time I noticed! 1prop.gif

...You are now a Blue Marlin... That's as close as I am ever likely to get to one, too!!074.gif

I have learned so much from being on Fishraider and would recommend anyone wanting to 'upgrade' to the next level - check out the reports & tips by people like Swordy, Hodgey, Jewhunter & other 'accomplished' bream & bass fishos on Fishraider - once you've cracked one code, usually, the other just follows! biggrin2.gif

...Thank god the ukelaile got put back in its case :thumbup: ....074.gif074.gif

You don't know how true that is!!!biggrin2.gif Plus the crook hip - that has been a very trying time - but I've had a few good workouts in the yak in the last few weeks - had the occasional twinge, but nothing too serious, so hope that is ALL OVER now!yahoo.gif

....It's been great to see you go from a relative novice to an accomplished fisherwoman.....

he, he, much of it was pretty well thanks to YOU, Grant - you can't beat actually FISHING WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING and is prepared to pass on tips & knowledge! I still remember that first time you picked me up from Byron Bay some years back & took me to the Brunswick River to fish in your tinny & then you caught about 30 fish to my 0 ..... including you being totally smoked by what we assumed was a jewie at the bridge pylons (sadly no longer there now! mad3.gif) on that Berkley Minnow SP on 4- 6lb braid. With your finesse gear, you were casting 3-4 times the distance that I could ever cast with my 10lb+ braid & crappy gear and you were getting all the hits! Did my bewilderment show? I think I came away from that trip with a new determination to try & master SPs & lures for Bream rather than just flatties!! It took a while ...... I upgraded my gear & went 'lighter and lighter' and then got 'really game' - deliberately chucking my lures into snaggy water, instead of snatching them away at the slightest touch of a fish, in fear of losing them ........ and I finally started getting bream - even tho I have lost lots of lures to the Bream God in the process! I think I have finally cracked some of the wiley bream's secretive nature!biggrin2.gif You put me onto the more 'finesse' side of bass fishing, too - on that other Byron Bay trip, when we hit that creek together! Not sure IT is still there now, either, with all the roadworks that have gone on there!

I love showing people 'my back yard' - there is so much of it that I haven't even explored yet, just sticking to my 'circuit' - if I am able to help people onto their first decent fish, all the better! (Mind you, my guiding skills are stuff of legend here ...... no-one catches ANYTHING when with me!) Except Michelle! She wants to move to Forster, now!

Many thanks

Cheers

Roberta

Congrats on a reaching that level & thank you for all of your input, advice & great pics.

You've helped plenty of Raiders that visit Forster, made plenty of offline friends & are a credit to the site.

Likewise - congratulations Roberta. I'd also add that you've helped plenty of Raiders (or at least this one) that hasn't yet visited Forster - whenever I'm not able to fish, and find myself scouring the old posts, yours are some of the ones I keep coming back to.

Thanks and congratulations,

Scott

It's not just the quantity of your posts Roberta but the quality that marks this as a real achievement.

Whenever I see that you've posted I always read your report, because you are so happy to share techniques, locations and fishing tips. Plus you're pretty handy with a camera and know how to spin a good yarn.

I wonder how many of us have gone out and bought a 'sammy' purely as a result of your posts? My hand is certainly up!!

Anyway congrats and keep 'em coming.

It's not just the quantity of your posts Roberta but the quality that marks this as a real achievement.

Whenever I see that you've posted I always read your report, because you are so happy to share techniques, locations and fishing tips. Plus you're pretty handy with a camera and know how to spin a good yarn.

I wonder how many of us have gone out and bought a 'sammy' purely as a result of your posts? My hand is certainly up!!

Anyway congrats and keep 'em coming.

Mondo congrats on reaching 1000 posts :biggrin2::thumbup: