Luderick fishing

nosquid

Hi Everyone, Well the weekend was definitely a huge success with me being able to meet up with the likes of luderick_Angler and Scrubby with the hope of successfully catching these elusive fish. In addition I also met two other raiders who were also eager to be introduced to the fine art in Luderick fishing Johno44 and son.

I have to say that these two guys have a wealth of Information and watching them and listening to what they say is imperative to being successful or not. The technical lessons and reasons behind what they do are all aimed at being able to locate fish and most importantly catch fish. Fishing the right depth and having the right gear.

Well after the formal introductions and Lessons about rigging… We were all eager and ready to get fishing. The morning was rather slow in that Luderick_Angler was the only one to put 1 very impressive fish in the bag, and having only had a possible two downs between the 4 of us meant that the fish just did not want to play as per schedule. No Matter, I eventually got a down without even knowing, as I was talking away with Scrubby and then he says to me, you have a down. I’d turned looking at the water and yip the float was nowhere to be seen. I wound up the line and sure enough there was some head shakes and a decent bend in the rod. Easy does it and yip we have our first fish. It was very quiet after that and not much action was being had by anyone but then after the next hour or so we all had a window of opportunity where we caught and dropped a number of really good sized luderick. Hmmm Scrubbys netting ability will definitely need more practice…. Hahaha We will have to ensure you get more opportunities on our next outing hahaha. Anyway the time was roughly about 11:00am when the fish were on the chew and soon slowed down by 13:00pm. Anyway with us all thoroughly enjoying the outing Luderick_angler left us to fish a little more while he bleed and cleaned the fish. What service.

With a few fish for a feed, I was really happy with that and nothing beats fresh fish for dinner which the kids, wife and I enjoyed.

Thanks again Luderick_angler and Scrubby for a fantastic day out and I hope to see you again soon on another outing, besides I still owe you for the great outing. As for Johno44, I hope to see you again for another great session.

Hmmmm I might have to convert from Squid to them blackies…..

Cheers Squid_Jig

post-5022-006584600 1338248828_thumb.jpg

Well done Squid_Jig!!! You may have to change your name! 074.gif Some good sized blackies there - real thumpers! I bet you were surprised how hard they fight!!

Beautiful eating & usually plentiful, most of the year - so a good fish to target!

cheers

Roberta

Guest hawkesbass

NICE EFFORT THERE YOU WILL DEFINEATELY LEARN ALOT FROM ROYCE AND BECOME ADDICTED TO CHASING BLACKFISH

Thanks Roberta and Trevor, Yes Royce is a definite pool of information and I would defintinitly love to spend more time with him on the water as they say....having local knowledge and many years of experience....you just cant beat that and get that sort of information from any book or website. Also After moving here to Aus, and not really knowing anyone to go fishing with it will be great to have some good fishing friends.

cheers

Adrian

Hi Everyone, Well the weekend was definitely a huge success with me being able to meet up with the likes of luderick_Angler and Scrubby with the hope of successfully catching these elusive fish. In addition I also met two other raiders who were also eager to be introduced to the fine art in Luderick fishing Johno44 and son.

I have to say that these two guys have a wealth of Information and watching them and listening to what they say is imperative to being successful or not. The technical lessons and reasons behind what they do are all aimed at being able to locate fish and most importantly catch fish. Fishing the right depth and having the right gear.

Well after the formal introductions and Lessons about rigging… We were all eager and ready to get fishing. The morning was rather slow in that Luderick_Angler was the only one to put 1 very impressive fish in the bag, and having only had a possible two downs between the 4 of us meant that the fish just did not want to play as per schedule. No Matter, I eventually got a down without even knowing, as I was talking away with Scrubby and then he says to me, you have a down. I'd turned looking at the water and yip the float was nowhere to be seen. I wound up the line and sure enough there was some head shakes and a decent bend in the rod. Easy does it and yip we have our first fish. It was very quiet after that and not much action was being had by anyone but then after the next hour or so we all had a window of opportunity where we caught and dropped a number of really good sized luderick. Hmmm Scrubbys netting ability will definitely need more practice…. Hahaha We will have to ensure you get more opportunities on our next outing hahaha. Anyway the time was roughly about 11:00am when the fish were on the chew and soon slowed down by 13:00pm. Anyway with us all thoroughly enjoying the outing Luderick_angler left us to fish a little more while he bleed and cleaned the fish. What service.

With a few fish for a feed, I was really happy with that and nothing beats fresh fish for dinner which the kids, wife and I enjoyed.

Thanks again Luderick_angler and Scrubby for a fantastic day out and I hope to see you again soon on another outing, besides I still owe you for the great outing. As for Johno44, I hope to see you again for another great session.

Hmmmm I might have to convert from Squid to them blackies…..

Cheers Squid_Jig

Absolutely fantastic day thanks to Royce, Scrubby, Squid Jig. Great fishermen, great friends :)

post-23106-082725900 1338374982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johno44