$100 Buck Fine for having more than 4 rods

stevo-72

Hmmmmm .......... I wonder if they've ever attended an ABT Bream event?? SOme of the guys have at least 6 rods each, ready to go!! Now THAT would be interesting ....... all fish are released - so not impacting the fisheries, as such ......... and in ABT you are only allowed to 'fish' with one rod anyway .......

I guess they are trying to prevent people trolling with them all?

Roberta

Interesting that I have been checked way more on my few freshwater occasions than any of my hundreds of SW outings!

Edited by Roberta

that seems to be the common theme, people getting fines didn't *just* have a couple of extra rods...

100% agreed!

I always play the "yes sir no sir" card when dealing with authorities and its worked a treat. Anything besides that, you're asking for a fine!

EDIT: Oh and to add another point, even if you know you're right and the officer is wrong, don't be an idiot and argue. He'll take it the wrong way as if you were telling him\her how to do their day job and no one likes that. Admit you're at fault no matter what, if you want to take it to court then so be it, but keep that to yourself.

Edited by The Incredible Hull