Brag Mat Tattoo Fail

mrmoshe

Fisherman short-changed 10cm on 'brag' tattoo

Northern Territory News

June 21, 2012 2:38PM

A NORTHERN Territory fisherman who had a line tattooed on his leg to tell if his barramundi was legal had to get it redone - when he found out it was 10cm too short.

Evan Slocum said the idea was to tattoo a line at 55cm - the legal length for a barramundi in the NT - from the ground to 55cm up his leg, as a guide to measure the fish length.

But the so-called "brag tatt" went horribly wrong when the communications cabling company employee found the line was short, the NT News reports.

"I went to start my next job (and) my tape measure fell off my tool bag and I thought, 'I'll just measure it'," he said.

"He was 100mm short and I thought, 'Oh, my god'.

"And I went back to the tattoo parlour ... I took my own tape measure with me and I said: 'Hey mate, you're 100mm short'.

"He's gone: 'What?'

"I said: 'You're 100mm short'. I've had a couple of women say that to me as well."

Mr Slocum is not the only Territorian with a "brag tatt".

Another bloke, known as Baghdad Bruce - who fishes in the NT, lives in the UK and works in Iraq - is part of the trend.

Mr Slocum got the tattoo about a year ago after a mate measured a barra against his leg while fishing at Cahills Crossing in Kakadu National Park.

The tattooist gave him his money back - and did another line at the 55cm mark.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/fisherman-short-changed-10cm-on-brag-tattoo/story-e6frfkvr-1226404306260#ixzz1yP3cqwhK

Edited by MallacootaPete

Hahahaha.. There is only 1 problem with that scheme.. The bloody dpi change the goal post every couple of years. After 30 yrs of fishing..Well you get the picture.

Yeah his leg ends up looking like a zebra! Yeah I saw this last night on the 7:30 report bloody gold! Lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...