SPs Selection

aeb870

Hey Raiders,

I am about to try fishing soft plastics for the first time, will be heading out to a house boat on the clyde next weekend and thought it might be a good place to start. Already have my rod/reel outfit and now time to get my hands on a variety of different SP packs.

I know the selections always come down to personal perference and what works on the particular day but this is my first time so I wouldn't even know where to start let alone have a personal perference.

If someone could suggest a few "must have" or what has worked for you that would be great.

Hey Raiders,

I am about to try fishing soft plastics for the first time, will be heading out to a house boat on the clyde next weekend and thought it might be a good place to start. Already have my rod/reel outfit and now time to get my hands on a variety of different SP packs.

I know the selections always come down to personal perference and what works on the particular day but this is my first time so I wouldn't even know where to start let alone have a personal perference.

If someone could suggest a few "must have" or what has worked for you that would be great.

What Will you be chasing?

Well mainly river type fish, but mainly Flathead, Bream and Jewfish (if I am luck) would be awesome.

The real challenge would be to try and catch my first fish on SP I guess.

Thanks

they all can be caught on the blood worm wriggler. For flathead you can also use the gulp grub in watermelon colour awesome on the flatties, just try to keep whatever lure youll be using on the bottom when chasing flathead. ive always foun bream hard to catch but probably best bet would be also the bloodworm wriggler goodluck :thumbup:

Evil minnow squidgy flick baits with resin head will smash bream, flathead, salmon etc. Though, really, colour is mainly just confidence in being able to catch. In the ultra shallows is where this combo is killer as the plastic slowly drifts down. Deeper water needs more weight. Though less is often best.

With such light weights to flick the key is to have a good graphite composite rod and be able to flick/wind with your wrist every 2-3 seconds on retrieve

I would also recommend braid with a fluoro-carbon leader finish.

Jewies will smash most things if they are hungry. Squidgy fish work well. Either yo-yo them every 3-5 seconds on retrieve or bump them along the bottom in shallower water. If you get no takes move on pronto to find the fish.