Anchor Light Height Rule

Shaggytrevally

Hey fellow fisho's

anyone tell me the correct height of a anchor light, as Ive now lost two due corrosion damage. When inquiring at local tackle shop i was told that the current one was not legal , even though it came on the boat at purchase.

Also my understanding is Maritime boating handbook "The masthead or white all round light shall be carried at least one metre above the sidelights". I cant find one taller than 60 odd cm !!

Cheers

Its pretty simple. All round white light means "all round". If you are in a tinny get one big enough to be over your head. If you are in a cabin or console it need to be seen above them.

I have an open boat with a light that is about 1m. Go through the catlogue there are plenty.

Dave

It need to be visible from all sides at all times, I got pulled up ( during the day) and was told mine needed to be above the Bimini, I got an extendable one but I should have just mounted a short one on the rocket launcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a Bermuda 480 island coral, the original was installed at the right hand side at the stern.

I have a canopy but i rarely use in winter, i just cant find one that is a metre higher the the side lights. If anyone know where i can purchase one that would be great.

Cheers

i have a Bermuda 480 island coral, the original was installed at the right hand side at the stern.

I have a canopy but i rarely use in winter, i just cant find one that is a metre higher the the side lights. If anyone know where i can purchase one that would be great.

Cheers

The rule states , the light is to be not less than 1 mt above the side nav lights however if the canopy or any other structure is higher than 1mt then the light needs to be higher so it can be seen "all round"

Bias hav a light , cat No. 5466 which extends to 1220mm. Other large marine dealers have similar lights

The other option is to mount a light on the top of the canopy. The cable runs on the inside of the tube & can either be hard wired (permenent) or via a plug / socket to the switch pannel.

Here are 2 examples ,one on the canopy , the other , which is in the folded down position for storage on the rocket launcher

Geoff

post-731-070976300 1341184864_thumb.jpg

post-731-069434000 1341185003_thumb.jpg