sydney harbour with bruce b

sydangler

After seeing Bruce was looking for a mentor for Sydney harbour I offered my services.

Saturday morning Bruce picked me up from powderhulk bay at 6 am. There was already a school of yakkas so we caught a couple for the tank and pushed out towards the heads with a quick stop at a few squid grounds with no luck.

We decided to try fish blue fish point first but it was very choppy and after an hour with no bites we pushed back into the harbour. On our way round north head Bruce spotted some fish on the sounder first drop and Bruce hooked onto a nice trevally. We then moved back in and anchored. Pretty slow 3rock cod and Bruce landed a nice sized port Jackson. Nothing else happened so we started back to the ramp. On the way through the spit we decided it was to nice to go past.

I managed one shovel nose shark on a livie. I was fishing plastics as well and got a nice 50cm+ flatty and a nice salmon. By then it was time to head in.

Not the most successful day but still a fun day on the harbour. Ill be back on the harbour with Bruce in the near future hopefully be able to find some more fish.

This reply from Bruce via a PM to me which makes me and the Admin of this site extremely happy.

''Hi Sword..

Thank you so much for helping out with the mentor`ing which I posted some time back.

Sydangler .. Ollie and I have been out, a younger guy, who grew up in the Manly area is is a fishing nut... He was so helpful, and willing to share his knowledge... Please drop him line and thank him for being such a great help to a middle aged guy like me, who is a newly to the sport. He showed me how to pull out a few yakkas, showed me some squid spots and how to set up, and how gently to pull the lure in. He also gave me so many helpful pointers...

Gary has also been in contact, and given me loads of advice..

What this goes to show, is that the mentoring section on the site is up and running and really working well.. It is such a commendation to the guys on the site, that they are willing to make the effort with the newbies, to expand the sport in it's various forms. Well done keep up the great work."

Kind Regards

Bruce Ballard

Thanks Bruce and well done Syd for taking the time to show one of our members the ropes and you will be awarded a MENTOR badge...congratulations.

Regards Admin